Humanitarian Liaison & Access Officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 857
Job Title: Humanitarian Liaison & Access Officer (HLA)
Application deadline: 24.07.2018
Nothing To mention
Qualification and Skills:
- Generic professional competencies.
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of NE Syria local context.
- Behavioral competencies:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
Bachelor’s degree in social studies, Logistics, Military studies, Armed Forces Administration, Organization or Management.
- Ensure adherence with Organization policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Ensure proper implementation of security measures.
- Uphold integrity and confidentiality.
- Conduct situational monitoring and analysis.
- Conduct security actor networking.
- The Humanitarian Liaison & Access (HLA) shall work under the Security & Security Risk Management Department in cooperation with the all other related departments.
- When directed, the (HLA) shall seek and provide information and establish communication with government Offices, Police, Border Authorities etc. and be able to represent the organizational purposes, principles, and projects.
- Update and issue relevant security procedures.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and execution of viable and tested emergency preparedness and incident management plans for all project locations.
- Provide security guidance to the CD/ Security & Security Risk Management Manager (SSRMM) and project staff to enhance the project’s overall security posture and ensure staff safety.
- Coordinate with the CD and SSRMM to ensure any outsourced security services are appropriate and carried out for each project facility.
- Prepare and send the Daily/weekly security report to the CD and SSRMM.
- Continually monitor sources of potential information and gain a thorough understanding of the security environment.
- Develop and strengthen mechanisms for peace, safety and security promotion among the refugees and the host community
- Conduct regular formal and informal consultations with refugees and their leaders on the mechanisms and strategies for increasing collaboration in monitoring, reporting and responding to their safety and security concerns.
- Ensure communication of security-relevant threat information to relevant managers and the Security Manager.
- Brief the CD and SSRMM when changes in the security environment are detected.
- Compile and submit incident reports within correct time limits.
- Brief all new staff and visitors on security procedures and the security current context at their location.
- Ensure safety equipment (first aid kits, fire extinguishers) are stocked, in working condition, and appropriately placed.
- Conduct Security assessment for each location as per request from time to time according to Security context.
- Fulfils coordination function with security community, NGOs, and other authorities.
- Closes out actions on the security action tracker.
- Any additional duties as required.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derik
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject