WASH Team Leader
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 833
Job Title: WASH Team Leader
Application deadline: 17.07.2018
Nothing To mention
- Languages: Fluency in English (mandatory)
- IT skills: Comfortable with the use of Excel, Word and of an email account.
- Professional experience:
– Past working experience with an International Non Governmental Organization is valuable.
– Past working experience in team management positions is valuable.
– Past working experience in WASH activities management positions is valuable.
– Knowledge of Hasakeh and Deir ez Zor governorates are valuable.
- Personal qualities: We are looking for an implicated employee with an affection for team work and good organisational and interpersonal skills.
The Team Leader will supervise a team to set up and implement the following activities: water trucking, cleaning and disinfection of tanks and trucks, tanks distribution, vouchers, distribution, aquatabs distribution, ensuring that Solidarités International’s technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
Setting up the activities /control and supervision:
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Program Manager Assistant:
– Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers…)
– plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
– Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means…)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Program Manager Assistant.
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Program Manager Assistant, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed.
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Program Manager Assistant.
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions.
Logistics and Administration:
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Program Manager Assistant and the administrative service.
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly.
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided.
- Enforce safety procedures.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites.
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site.
Reporting / communication:
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Team Leader and/or Program Manager.
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her Program Manager Assistant.
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack.
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields.
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her Program Manager Assistant any non-technical or safety-related issues that could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams.
Advertiser :Solidarités International
Duty Station: Ayn Issa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.