Safety & Security Officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 820
Job Title: Safety & Security Officer
Application deadline: 14.07:2018
Nothing To mention
- Relevant Degree in similar fields.
- Practical experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of UN or NGO humanitarian operations.
- Experience working with refugees and/or displaced communities or camps
- Ability to advice and support field staff in a consultative manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and Kurdish, plus good knowledge of English would represent a distinct advantage.
- Assist in the implementation of the Security Plan and provide context advice to the Safety and Security Manager (SSM). This includes information pertinent to the area of operations such as detailed threat assessment, standard operating procedures (personnel movement & transport, office, warehouse, landmines and UXO, telecommunications, incident report sheets, etc), asset protection, contingency plans for incidents, emergency evacuations policy, etc.
- On-going monitoring of the political, social, economic and military situation, identifying trends relevant to the security situation.
- Assist with safety and security assessments.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure staff know how to identify health risks, how to protect against illness, injury and stress, and how to obtain proper support or medical treatment.
- Ensure that all individuals understand personal responsibilities for their own safety.
- Provide safety and security advice on camp based activities such as distributions and cash payments
- Monitor that all staff follow appropriate security and safety precautions and procedures and never risk their lives to protect CARE property
- Record and report immediately all significant threats to staff and security
- Advise program manager, camp services coordinator, and NES SSM of decisions concerning evacuations and other actions in emergency situations.
- Know how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicate with base according to communications policy.
- Know and respect the Safety & Security protocols related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensure all passengers know and respect the security rules.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Areesha Comp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.