Compliant Accountability Officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 780
Job Title: Compliant Accountability Officer
Application deadline: 01.07.2017
PLEASE NOTE WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- University degree in a relevant field (this could include communications, social sciences, business administration, and others)
- At least one-year experience in a similar job
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Emotional maturity and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Fluency in Arabic and English (spoken and written)
- Personal management including initiative, self-motivation and direction.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
1- JOB SUMMARY:
The main purpose of this position is to support the expansion of the feedback and complaints system for organization programming in North East Syria. The Compliant Accountability Officer will be the focal point for receiving complaints that come through WhatsApp, complaints boxes, calls and messages, email, field staff and other channels. In addition, this position will be responsible for recording, enter to complaints database, analyzing and reporting on feedback and complaints from beneficiaries and other stakeholders. This position will also be responsible for facilitating the follow up and resolution of complaints. By ensuring that feedback from beneficiaries and other stakeholders is documented and shared to inform program implementation and design, the position plays a crucial role in realizing our commitment to accountability to affected populations. While the focus of this position is to support the complaints and feedback mechanism, the role will also provide other support to the monitoring and evaluation team where necessary.
2- RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
1: Receive and record complaints and feedback coming in through phone calls, text messages, emails and other channels.
- Receive complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and other stakeholders in Syria through Complaints boxes, phone calls, text messages, emails and other channels.
- Acting as a representative of the organization, communicate respectfully, clearly and sensitively at all times to those sharing feedback and complaints (including callers who may be angry or afraid).
- Ensure all required information is collected from the person sharing feedback/making a complaint.
- Where feedback/complaints are received and recorded by others (such as consultants or partners), ensure they are recorded in the database fully and correctly, working with them to build their understanding of the processes and standards required.
- Respond to people sharing complaints and feedback, according to the guidelines set out in our complaints and feedback manual. This may include providing program information, expressing appreciation, explaining the follow up process and timelines, explaining actions taken by partner staff in response to their complaint, or other responses as outlined in the manual.
- Record all feedback and complaints received in the database, and categorize each complaint (according to the organization guidelines) for ease of follow up and analysis.
- Ensure that sensitive complaints are escalated immediately, as per the guidelines in our complaints and feedback manual and Maintain complete confidentiality, only sharing details of complaints received for the purposes of follow up and reporting (as outlined in the organization’s complaints and feedback manual.
2: Oversee processing and resolution of complaints and feedback
- Manage the centralized feedback and complaints database, ensuring all cases received through all channels (including through the phone line, consultants, and partner channels) are recorded accurately and fully, and the database is up to date at all times.
- Forward complaints to the relevant focal points for follow up where required, according to the guidelines in the organization complaints and feedback manual.
- Oversee the processing and resolution of all complaints, following up and partner focal points on cases that are pending responses, to ensure that complaints do not get stuck and that minimum standards in terms of response times are met.
- Identify and follow-up any problems with processing and resolution of complaints with the M&E coordinator.
- Coordinate with external organizational focal points about complaints that may come into our mechanism that is related to their programming in similar areas of operation.
Work with partner agencies to understand the complaints and feedback loop
3: Analyze and report on feedback and complaints
- With support from the Information Management Officer, prepare monthly and quarterly trend analysis reports based on feedback and complaints received, to inform review and adjustment of projects and design of new projects.
- Participate in project reviews, after action reviews, and lessons learned workshops to ensure feedback and complaints from beneficiaries and other stakeholder’s feeds into these processes.
4: Support the smooth operation of the feedback and complaints mechanism, including through communications activities
- Communicate and disseminate complaints handling procedures, policies and tools as appropriate to beneficiaries, organization staff, partner staff and other stakeholders.
- Support the design and implementation of awareness campaigns about the complaints mechanism at community level.
- Work with organization’s program teams to ensure that up-to-date programming & other relevant information is available to be shared with people who reach out for information through the feedback and complaints mechanism.
Work with the program support team to ensure that the resources required for the functioning of the complaints mechanism (eg. mobile credit) are available as needed.
5: Perform other duties (as assigned by supervisor) to support the M&E team, as assigned by supervisor
- This may include supporting training of staff; compiling, cross-checking and analyzing M&E data; supporting assessments; translation of key documents; and other task as assigned by supervisor
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject: