JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 765
Job Title: LOGISTICS MANAGER
Application deadline: 21.07.2018
Only fluent english speakers will be considered
Education and experience:
– University Diploma in relevant field.
Professional Competencies Required:
– 2 years of logistics professional experience,
– At least 1 years of management experience
– Previous experience with our Organization would be a strong asset
– Familiarity with Iraq / Syria / Middle East context
– Proven experience in Training / Capacity Building
– Previous experience in humanitarian / emergency context
– Technical experience in electricity/plumbing/mechanics
Personal Competencies Required:
– Ability to live in difficult conditions with strict security rules
– Strong organizational skills
– Autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities
– Extremely rigorous and precise, attention to details
– Diplomat, able to work collaboratively in a team
– Practical and problems solve
– English mandatory (oral and written), Arabic and/or Kurdish a strong asset.
– Remuneration: according to salary grid. Minimum 1495 USD/month (+ allowances)
– Duration/ Type of contract: 3 months renewable upon funding and job performance.
– Starting date: 1st of Sep 2018
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Based in Amuda, Hassakeh governorate, with occasional travels to the NES sites of Organization activities, under the hierarchical line management of the Hassakeh Field Coordinator (with technical advice and support from the Field LogCo) the Log Manager will be responsible for supporting the Hassakeh Log department with day to day tasks and activities and adequate logistics support to the humanitarian programs, respecting Organization procedures and donors requirements:
– Ensure the management of general logistic services (premises, fleet, stocks, com/IT equipment)
– Ensure appropriate and timely management of procurements, by the field logistic team (for small-scale procurements) or by the North-East (NE) hub supply team (for large-scale procurements)
– Managing and supervising the construction/rehabilitation works in “fixed points”, sub-base(s) and other premises in Hassakeh governorate.
– Ensure recruitment (assisting Admin/HR department), training and supervision of any logistic staff.
– Train and support local partners on logistic procedures and systems
– Support the Field Coordinator for other urgent tasks and replace them at interim when requested.
Hierarchical & Functional links:
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Line manager+1: Area Coordinator and Field Logistics Coordinator
Supervision: Logistics Base Officer, Logistics Fleet Officer, Logistics Supply Assistant
- LOGISTICS (liaise with logistics hub team and IT Officer when needed)
Ensure a proper implementation of Organization Logistics procedures, in link with the North-East hub.
Ensure a good communication in terms of procedures to all departments.
Realize regular audit on your base (procurement files, fleet management, equipment follow-up);
Premises (Office / Guesthouses / Warehouses/ workshop management)
Responsible of the identification, setting up, and security of all new premises.
Responsible of the construction/rehabilitation works
Responsible of all contracts, and follow up for all the premises in the intervention governorate (lease, maintenance, running cost, etc.)
Equipment, Furniture and Office Stock
Responsible of the proper layout of all premises in terms of equipment, furniture and consumables according the needs and the Organization regulations.
Responsible of the proper follow up of the equipment according the Organization procedures in your base (TSE, lending certificates, …)
Responsible for the security of the equipment
Supervise and provide regular support to the national logistic staff in terms of follow-up of equipment & furniture (regular inventories…);
Communication and IT management
Responsible of the efficiency of the communication equipment at bases level (mobiles, sat phone, internet).
Responsible of the efficiency of the IT fleet at base level according the needs.
Supervise and provide regular support to the national logistic staff in terms for follow-up of communication and IT management (maintenance set up). Liaise with IT Officer in hub as and when needed.
HUMANITARIAN ACTION DIVISION – LOGISTICS MANAGER – JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Fleet, Transport & Movements
Ensure respect of fleet and driving policies according of Organization procedures.
Responsible of the efficiency and security of all movements for Organization staffs (Project movements, Inter-bases)
Responsible of the efficiency of the Organization vehicle fleet management according the Organization procedures (log book, monthly driver follow up)
Responsible of the efficiency of goods transportation according the need and the Organization procedures (Transport contractualization, Documentations, …)
Supervise and Provide regular support to the national logistic staff in terms of movement management (people or goods)
Provide regular trainings
Responsible of the rental car contract(s) (all-inclusive contract, driver, car, fuel…)
- SUPPLY CHAIN AND PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT (Liaise with hub Supply Manager when needed).
Ensure the respect of Organization procedures and donors requirements for all purchases done (adapted procurement procedure, respect of threshold, …)
Ensure a good communication of the purchase procedures to all departments.
Provide adequate support for the elaboration & implementation of the base Procurement Plan (activities, and support);
Support all requesting departments in purchases request phase and follow-up, in coordination with budget holder / technical advisor/Administration (Market study, summary bid analysis, purchase, delivery follow-up, payment)
Ensure a good efficiency of the supply chain without any delay in delivery (ad hoc purchase, frame contracts)
Develop a good knowledge of local market (prices lists, suppliers lists, relationships with suppliers,…)
Ensure contractualization when relevant/needed (creation, follow-up, …)
Responsible for the good implementation of the Purchases follow-up (TSA, regular communication with requesting department, …)
Ensure a good archiving of the purchase folders according the Organization procedures (documentations, validations,…)
Supervise and provide regular support to the national logistic staff for purchases implementation and follow-up;
Stocks Management (if needed, in accordance to the future activities)
Ensure the respect of Organization procedures and donors requirements for the stock management. (Shipment documentations, Stock report, inventory, reconciliation…).
Ensure a good communication with Programs in terms of Donation Certificate management and stock reconciliation.
Ensure an efficient stock management in coordination with the program teams (follow up, security of the goods, storage capacity adapted to the needs, definition of minimum stock, …)
Supervise and provide regular support to the Storekeeper for stock management and follow-up
- LOGISTIC ADMINISTRATION (Liaise with Admin hub dept when needed)
Finance and budget management
Under coordination request participate actively in proposal phase (BoQ, Logistics needs, …)
Responsible of logistics Budget lines management (Expenses follow up, forecast, OFU, BFU,…)
Provide adequate support and regular training to the Logistics department.
Ensure a proper carrier follow up of each staff in the logistics department (Job description, Individual Action plan, regular appraisal, …)
Ensure support on planning of daily tasks of the logistic department.
Ensure proper follow-up for all HR aspects (contract, attendance, leaves, ..)
- PARTNER SUPPORT AND SUPERVISION
Provide training to Organization partner in terms of Logistic procedures (stock management, procurement process, etc.)
Support the partner in the implementation of the processes
Provide supervision and follow up of the partner (stock inventory, donation certificate follow up, stock follow up, etc.)
HUMANITARIAN ACTION DIVISION – LOGISTICS MANAGER – JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Responsible of the security rules implementation in link with the Field coordinator and the Security, Context and Access Advisor.
Responsible of the respect of internal security rules for all the logistic departments
Participate actively in all security update meeting with field coordinator.
- COORDINATION & REPORTING
Ensure good communication with all department (general meeting, bilateral meeting,…)
Provide logistics support and advice to Operational Team to ensure a smooth project implementation
Provide trainings to all departments in terms of Logistics procedure.
Participate actively to all meeting (weekly meeting, bi weekly support meeting …)
Provide any additional support upon request of Line Manager
Report on monthly basis to the Field Coordinator and to the Field Logistic Coordinator:
Monthly narrative report
Updated Logistics tools: PFU + CFE + EFU + Stock report + Inventory + Reconciliation tool + OFU, and any other follow up tools implemented.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV considering to put the job title as email subject to the following email: