Procurement Assistant Manager
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 746
Job Title: Procurement Assistant Manager
Application deadline: 03.07.2018
Nothing To mention
- Languages: Fluency in English (mandatory)
- IT skills: Comfortable with the use of Excel, Word and of an email account.
- Professional experience:
– Past working experience with an International Non Governmental Organization is valuable.
– Past working experience in team management positions is valuable.
– Past working experience in procurement positions is mandatory.
– Knowledge of Hasakeh and Deir ez Zor governorates markets are valuable.
- Personal qualities: We are looking for an implicated employee with an affection for team work and good organisational and interpersonal skills.
Delocalised benefits package will be offered in case the employee needs to be delocalised to take the position.
The Procurement Assistant Manager supports the Logistics Manager for the implementation of all procurement and supply activities.
He/she insures the capitalization of all information’s related to procurement and supply processes (prices and suppliers lists, import – export processes, taxes exemptions, custom clearance).
He/she organizes trainings for Logistics staffs related to procurement and supply processes.
Supervision of order handling for the mission and the implementation of the procurement process.
- Receive and verify quotations and IOF requests sent by the requesters before transmission to the Logistics Manager
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF and inform other departments of the development of the handling of their purchase orders.
- Support Logistics Manager in carrying out purchases
- Link with Finance Department to ensure payments to the Suppliers are properly managed
- Ensure that the Procurement Tracker (IOF Follow-up) for Amuda Field office and potential sub-offices is in place and regularly updated.
- Support Logistics Manager in setting up new FWAs that can be used at Regional or Local level to support the mission’s procurement.
- Oversee the implementation of purchases ensuring compliance with rules and procedures and inform the Logistics Coordinator and/or Logistics manager in case of problems or delays
- Update the price and supplier database
- Ensure that the purchasing files are complete and archived in accordance with SI procedures
- Ensure capitalisation of price lists and supplier files as well as of the documents in effect in the intervention country (import – export, exemption, taxes)
- Ensure that relationship with suppliers are monitored
- Give full support to the Logistics Manager in the monitoring of freight and national and international shipments linked to Amuda Field Office purchases
- Oversee the customs clearance procedures and exoneration of imported material
Human resource management
- Appraise personnel under direct supervision
- Train logistic teams in accordance with SI procedures
- Upon request from the Logistics Manager, organize training workshops related to procurement and purchase procedures
- Support purchasers with their tasks and objectives
Reporting / capitalization
- Consolidate monthly procurement logistics report (IOF Follow-up) of the Amuda Field Office
- Centralize information’s on, distances, prices and transport methods and companies
o Ensure that price and supplier files are compiled and regularly updated, along with documentation requirements in effect (import – export, exemptions, taxes)
o Participate in base meetings relating to logistics, represent Solidarités International when asked and/or delegated to do so
o File and archive logistic documents
o Participate to the preparation of files related to procurement to be transferred to HQ
Advertiser :Solidarités International
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV considering to put the job title as email subject to the following email: