HEALTH PROJECT OFFICER
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 735
Job Title: HEALTH PROJECT OFFICER
Application deadline: 17.06.2018
Nothing To mention
Degree in Health Management, Public Health, in Humanitarian Action/ Development studies or social fields (anthropology, psychosocial, sociology, protection…), physiotherapy, or MBA/management studies..etc
Experience in project management with INGOs preferably in emergency context.
Experience of leading a team, motivating and directing team members.
Experience in projects related to provision of rehabilitation, psychosocial support, and/or advocacy on disability issues preferably in emergency context.
Ability to develop productive working relationships with colleagues, partners, local authorities and other stakeholders.
Personal Competencies Required:
Strong communication and reporting skills.
Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
Ability to work under high pressure.
Proactive and punctual.
Working proficiency in both English and Arabic mandatory (oral and written)
Strong command of Microsoft Office Package& IT skills.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the HPO’s main responsibilities are:
- Project Management and Activities:
- a) Project intervention strategy
– Contribute to develop the strategy of intervention/expansion of rehabilitation Activities in North East Syria
– Participate in identification of new needs and news areas of intervention
– Participate in definition of the methodology to be applied on the project and the development of the necessary tools along with the PM.
– Ensure that the different stages of the project cycle are properly followed at field level
- b) Planning & implementation of the activities
– Under the supervision of the PM, design, consolidate and review the weekly team planning, according to the project objectives and priorities, and taking into account security issues; this should include PSS/RHB sessions, assessment of health facilities etc.
– Monitor each staff member and their work progress plan
– Ensure systematic and proper filling of all project related forms and tools, in liaison with TAs
– Plan implementation and logistic needs of technical training (content, translation, hands out, schedule, curriculums, IEC tools needed, etc.) for the Organization staff.
HEALTH PROJECT OFFICER- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
- c) Management of referral cases
– Support the team in identifying new patients and new health facilities to be supported
– In collaboration with other Organization internal departments, participate in the referrals’ pathway both internally and externally
- d) Logistics
– Centralize all needs in equipment and tools identified by the health field staff and coordinate with the PM and the support team to ensure they are addressed
– In coordination with the Logistics department, ensure that the logistic aspects of the project at field level comply with Organization and donors standards and regulations and followed by each team member
- Team management/HR
– In collaboration with the PM, participate in recruitment process and interviews of candidates for position under your line management
– In collaboration with the PM, prepare induction process for new staff and ensure appropriate training/support is provided
– In collaboration with the PM, conduct staff evaluation/appraisal and address HR issues that arise
– Directly manage and support the Health teams on a daily basis, ensuring they are able to reach their weekly objectives
– Manage HR issues faced on the field or within teams and report them to your line manager
– Ensure a good communication – coordination – information with your staff through regular coordination meetings
– Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within your staff and inform in case of difficulties
– Build and maintain a team dynamic cohesion and professionalism which enables the objectives of Organization to be carried out
– Ensure feedback towards your team about issues potentially raised by them
– Ensure smooth communication and liaison with other Organization teams working in NES
– Manage and control staff annual/seek leaves in cooperation with HR department
- Monitoring & Quality
– Ensure the project meets its objectives and maximize its impact
– Ensure technical support and quality assurance for the implementation of activities
– Monitor the activities on the basis of the planned activities, this including regular field visits and reports on actions done and/or difficulties encountered
– Ensure that issues identified through the monitoring process are brought to the attention of the PM and addressed accordingly
– Send weekly reports to the PM on all activities conducted on the field by the teams
– Centralize all the data collected in the field and coordinate with the PM and database officer for data entry
– Ensure all material produced and data collected is accurate and adapted to the local context
– Write minutes of all meetings held weekly in the office with field staff
– Report any specific problems that jeopardize the activities and suggest solutions
- External Coordination
– In cooperation with PM, building relationships with relevant Local Authorities, including Humanitarian Affair Offices, making sure authorizations are obtained in all project locations
– Participate in Organization referral system towards other (I)NGOs and Organization internal departments
– Represent Organization in any other relevant external meetings
HEALTH PROJECT OFFICER- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
– Ensure that the team members know and follow the security procedures, in collaboration with the Field Coordinator
– Inform the Field Coordinator of any security issues faced on the field by the team and keep a clear report on incidents and location of incidents
– Assist the PM and the Field Coordinator in translating when meeting operational staff or external actors
– Ensure the translation of necessary tools for the NES operations
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager and the project
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV considering to put the job title as email subject to the following email: