Child Safeguarding Coordinator
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 705
Job Title: Child Safeguarding Coordinator
Application deadline: 18.06.2018
Nothing To mention
- Experience in child protection/child safeguarding practice in humanitarian setting
- Experience within an INGO or similar other organisation working with vulnerable communities and children.
- Experience of managing as well as undertaking complex child protection/safeguarding investigations and or disciplinary investigations
- Multi-disciplinary experience of working successfully with senior managers in other parts of own/partner’s organisation to deliver major operational change with a track record of delivering results to high standards
- Experience of a lead role in national advocacy or policy work either in the field of Child Protection/Safeguarding to achieve policy change
- Experience of building personal internal and external networks.
- Experience of planning and undertaking training programmes/workshops in child protection/safeguarding at a range of levels (e.g. field workers, managers, senior managers and decision makers)
- Excellent verbal communication and report writing skills in English and Arabic language
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrable commitment to Children’s Rights
- Ability to prioritise and deal with competing demands
- Ability to provide long distance support and establish supportive relationships and networks
- Ability to deliver results against demanding timetables and in the face of competing demands
- Ability to travel and work within challenging environments
- Written and spoken English, Kurdish and or Arabic
- Evidence of professional expertise, personal development and learning in the field of child care
- Identify potential risks to children in all the project activities including workshops and events, plan mitigating measures and assign staff to be responsible for the implementation.
- Undertake clear, strong advocacy in line with the Child Safeguarding Policy within the area office and implementing partners.
- Deliver a set of mandatory core training workshops as to enable staff with key responsibilities to undertake their roles and mainstream safeguarding functions
- Deliver on-going refresher training and CSG inductions as appropriate
- Develop capacity building plan for all staff and partners and provide on-going mentoring and support
- Serve as child safeguarding lead focal point for the country office and lead on establishment of strong child safeguarding procedures and risk assessment in all programme activities
- Coordinate with the Area Office Child safeguarding committee and monitor the overall implementation of the Child safeguarding policy in the area office programme.
- Conduct a review of Child Safeguarding Policy implementation throughout the area office programme and implement the Child Safeguarding Policy Compliance Action Plan.
- Ensure that all programming is designed, implemented and monitored through a Child Safeguarding lens
- Support staff to take proactive steps to ensure that all programming activity identifies the potential risks and works to eliminate and mitigate those risks.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV considering to put the job title as email subject to the following email: