Medical Coordinator (MC)– Medical Doctor
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2634)
Job Title: Medical Coordinator (MC)– Medical Doctor
Application deadline: 12.02.2020
Education / Experience Needed
▪ MBChB or equivalent degree
▪ At least three years of post-qualification experience working in a clinical setting
▪ Prefer previous experience working for an NGO in primary health care
▪ Experience in health management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Must have analytical writing skills
- Computer literate with good skills in common Microsoft office programs
- High level of integrity and stewardship
The Medical Coordinator (MC) will assist in the implementation, management and supervision of the medical staff in the care and treatment of patients in the Organization PHCC located in Tel-Hajar, Al-Hassakeh, NE Syria. The MC will oversee staff as appropriate and will report activities to leadership and the communications and program manager as appropriate. They will be responsible for ensuring the daily workflow and treatment protocols are followed per Organization’s guidelines and within government requirements.
Uphold the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence.
Respect the Organization’s values at all times, both within and outside of working hours.
Be prepared to work in Al-Hassakeh Governorate and to relocate at short notice.
Work closely with all members of the health team to provide the highest possible quality of care.
Treat all patients and their relatives with respect and dignity.
Maintain confidentiality for all patients.
▪ Has a good working understanding of the Organization treatment protocols and policies and ensures they’re implemented at all times at the clinic. Is comfortable adapting them as needed with the guidance of the HPM.
▪ Coordinates with Medical Warehouse Pharmacist/ Logistician to ensure par levels of medications and supplies are maintained at all times.
▪ Assist HPM with the monitoring and evaluation of the health program through clinic supervision, data collection and collecting beneficiary feedback to ensure the quality of program is maintained.
▪ Supervise the clinical and registration data collection in the medical clinic, ensuring data is entered into the database.
▪ Collect and disseminate weekly and monthly reports to meet the reporting requirements and deadlines set by the Organization, Health Committee, WHO/UN agencies and Donors.
▪ Provides regular weekly continuing medical education for all medical staff at the clinic.
▪ Regularly communicates with the HPM to relay general flow, success, and challenges of the medical clinic.
▪ Is responsible for the overall daily workflow of the medical clinic.
Staff Management –
▪ Provide overall supervision and support for medical staff and managers to ensure personal and professional development of staff through regular performance reviews and ongoing training
▪ Ensures all staff are adequately trained and understand their role.
▪ Communicates respectfully and effectively with all staff at the clinic
▪ Facilitate regular team meetings with the Organization PHCC team ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work and providing opportunity for feedback.
Adhere to Organization security management plan
Report any security incidents or concerns to HPM or security personnel immediately
Communication and Coordination –
▪ Represent the Organization at relevant local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, UN agencies and other NGOs
▪ Interpret as necessary between Arabic / Local language and English for the HPM and other Organization staff.
▪ Coordinate and Liaise with members of the Organization health management team and clinical team to ensure all objectives of the health program are met.
Duty Station: Al-Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.