JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2633)
Job Title: Interpreter
Application deadline: 12.02.2020
Education / Experience Needed
- High school graduate preferred
- Experience with NGOs highly preferred
Arabic, Kurdish and English required (spoken and written).
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to relate with people who are different and act in a culturally sensitive way
The Interpreter is expected to provide clear and accurate spoken interpretations between The Organization Field staff, Program Coordinators and Managers, and non-English speaking persons including beneficiaries, local authorities, security forces, and others. The Interpreter will also provide short written translations from English to Arabic/Kurdish, Arabic/Kurdish to English of technical documents, Government letters/documents or general administrative matters as tasked by the Administrative Officer. The Interpreter will also be expected to input program data as needed
- Serve the community with creativity, kindness, and generosity.
- Oral Interpretation from Arabic/Kurdish to English and vice versa
- Written Translation from Arabic/Kurdish to English and vice versa
- Participate in registration of beneficiaries in community programming.
- Communicate with beneficiary families in partnership with the programming team.
- Plan and participate in community assessment, coordination, listening, and collaboration activities
- Make timely and accurate requests for materials and space for activities, following closely all processes and procedures.
- Complete all reporting deliverables as directed.
- Attend and implement lessons learned from orientation and ongoing trainings.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisors
Duty Station: Al-Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.