JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2632)
Job Title: Operation Manager
Application deadline: 12.02.2020
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Advanced degree or related experience in project management, business administration, public administration, communications, or related field.
- Experience with establishing and monitoring internal controls, inventory, and fixed
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Possesses strong organizational, problem solving, and creative thinking skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, anticipation, and follow up are essential competencies of the role, while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts, financial matters, and salaries.
- Proficient in computer operating systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Must possess analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the organziation’s values and ethics.
The Operations Manager provides overall supervision and management of daily operations at Al-Hasakah Base in NES. Responsibilities of this key position include: direct responsibility for base management (including operational processes, policies, procedures, hiring / HR); overseeing base operation (including staff, housing, food, maintenance); overseeing Logistics (including staff, procurement, warehousing, fleet management, IT); S/he will be proactive in communicating and liaising with staff (including operations, logistics, program staff, transportation, and human resources), to ensure that operations and programs in Al-Hasakah most effectively serve the beneficiaries in NES. This role will also perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the Senior Operations Manager.
- Ensures highly functioning, well-managed Operations Department in Al-Hasakah to support programmatic activities in NES.
- Directly manage operations staff assigned to Al-Hasakah base.
- Supports continuous up-to date effective communication channels and accurate flow of information among the NES field site(s), the Dohuk office, and the Field Director.
- Develops and implements operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission, such as report management and information flow.
- Acts as the main focal point for base operations, transportation, HR, Logistics, Procurement, and Information Technology (IT).
- Develops and oversees procurement systems to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate delivery of program resources.
- Enforces and upholds donor and organization regulations for procurement, as well as best practices for Operations.
- Enforces procedures regarding contracted service, while providing frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness.
- Maintains awareness of local and national laws and ensures organizational adherence in partnership with the Senior Operations Manager and Field Director.
- Establishes and maintains a harmonious and supportive working environment by introducing capacity-building trainings, and encouraging active participation at all levels to foster development of international field staff, as well as national staff.
- Assesses, manages, and reports critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
Complete other activities as directed by the Senior Operations Manager and / or Field Director and perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned, with a generous and serving spirit.
Duty Station: Al-Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.