Structural Engineer Assistant (X2) مساعد مهندس
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2629)
Job Title: Structural Engineer Assistant (X2)
Application deadline: 08.02.2020
please attach the JD to the annocuemnet
- Degree in Engineering (civil engineering or construction engineering)
- Previous experience in construction and/or shelter rehabilitation or other relevant private sector construction experience.
- Experience in monitoring construction and managing contractors is desirable
- Previous experience in humanitarian organisations is preferable.
- Familiarity with minimum shelter standards (eg., Sphere)
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic, good written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel regularly to project sites across North East Syria and to supervise on-site construction activities on a regular, often daily basis.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
Identification and assessment of shelter units to be rehabilitated
- Support the Shelter programme team to develop and refine shelter rehabilitation selection criteria.
- Undertake technical assessments of occupied and unoccupied shelter units (unfinished buildings and partially damaged homes); prepare bills of quantities for rehabilitation that meet minimum standards in line with the Shelter Working Group’s guidelines and Sphere standards.
- Ensure the views and needs of relevant beneficiaries (home-owners, landlords and resident families) are incorporated into technical assessments and BoQs.
- Participate in the resolution of any conflicts that may arise between the contractor and home-owners, landlords and resident families as required.
Oversee construction and rehabilitation of shelter units and schools
- Ensure that all construction and rehabilitation works are carried out in a safe and responsible manner; ensuring the contractor complies with best practices to ensure safe and responsible construction sites including adherence to Concern’s internal guidelines on Health and Safety in WASH and agricultural reconstruction projects.
- Conduct regular site-monitoring visits to assess and supervise the progress and quality of construction activities; ensure adherence to agreed standards and processes; highlighting any issues and examples of good practice through regular reports to the Structural Engineer Officer and the Shelter team.
- Provide technical input in the general supervision, progress of construction activities and control of quality of materials and workmanship.
- Prepare all the supporting documentation for payment to contractors.
- Produce weekly progress reports on the construction activities.
Technical support to WASH and Education teams
- Provide technical assistance to the WASH team in civil engineering works required for ongoing water station/network/tower rehabilitation activities and to the education team in terms of school rehabilitation.
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlines in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programmes
- Support Concern’s work in Syria by undertaking other tasks as appropriate and required.
Advertiser :Concern WW
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
للتقديم يرجى ارسال بريد الكتروني متضمّنا:
– السيرة الذاتية
– ثلاثة مراجع مهنية مع كامل المعلومات (ايميلات –أرقام هواتف –مناصب وظيفية)
– المسمى الوظيفي ومنطقة الوظيفة والرقم التسلسلي CWW/SYR/RAQ/055 الموضوع
على البريد الالكتروني : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.