Information Analyst / MEAL Officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2353)
Job Title: Information Analyst / MEAL Officer
Application deadline: 03.11.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor’s degree in information or data management and processing field or its equivalent. • Minimum 3 years of previous experience in data management for humanitarian or development projects. • Very good knowledge of the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data. • Good experience in using KOBO mobile data collection (tools design – data collection – data retrieving) or other similar platforms. • Experienced in data analysis tools and systems (Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, SmartSheets, etc.) • Applicable knowledge working with statistic databases. • Excellent verbal and written English skills. • Good contextual knowledge of the contexts of our implementation areas, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities. • Good reporting skills. Competencies: • Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills. • Problems solver. • Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization. • Strong time management skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Responsible for overseeing our field team data collection systems to ensure uniformity of formatting and reporting.
- Collect all routine (weekly, monthly, etc.) data and enters them into internal our database, as identified. The Officer, as part of this activity, reviews, cleans, and verifies the data prior to final reports are published.
- Assist in the routine analysis of data, including indicators, activity tracking, and community feedback per each activity and visualizes the achievement for each month and quarter.
- Provide feedback to field staff (M&E field assistants) about the common data collection methods and how to produce high-quality data and information in their reports.
- Report regular activity data on a routine basis.
- Work effectively as a team member with the field team to improve the quality of the data.
- File all checked and received hard and soft copies of reporting format into our data management systems.
- Save the data files regularly as well as the analysis and results.
- Coordinate and check information with field locations on products including but not limited to; project infographics, situation reports & donor reports. Develop data dissemination plans and implement (e.g., summary reports, graphs, and maps).
- Maintain a high level of data security, privacy, and control of sharing permissions.
- Help in conducting surveys and assessments, as needed.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the MEAL Manager and Senior Protection Officer.
- Design data collection tools for the planned MEAL activities.
- Design MEAL activities plans and schedules that needs to be rolled out to different projects locations.
- Analyzing and reporting different qualitative and quantitative data collection activities.
- Provide MEAL reports to others relevant departments and senior management, in addition to the needed MEAL section for donors reports.
- Support in conducting assessment and surveys and lead the data collection teams following planned methodologies and workplans.
- Establish a solid complaints and feedback mechanism that will be rolled out in all projects location maintaining confidentiality and accountability principles.
- Supervise the MEAL field assistants’ teams. Project Management
- Support the Senior Protection Officer in ensuring appropriate, timely and planning of program start-up activities and regular implementation according to work and implementation plans.
- Coordinate with MEAL department in maintaining accurate and up-to-date project information and data (IPTT).
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the SMIS
Duty Station: NES- Main Office Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.