JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2354)
Job Title: Protection Coordinator
Application deadline: 03.11.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in implementing gender-based violence, and PSS programs with supervisory responsibilities, preferably working with conflict affected populations
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, Gender/Women Studies, or other appropriate fields; or field equivalent experience • Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation and results-based management, including capacity in remote management. • Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required; • Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently; • Strong budgeting and budget monitoring skills.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and analytical skills and ability to present ideas effectively;
- Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment; good diplomatic skills
- Familiarity with principles and practice of monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email/internet software. • This position requires an individual who is accustomed to the pace of emergency response programming, does not require close supervision or direction, is flexible and highly responsive, and has excellent organizational skills.
Fluency in Arabic and Very Good spoken/written English
In coordination with the technical protection program manager in Amman, and the program manager in NES:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of monitoring activities (program, operational, financial) and program improvement plans.
- Contribute to the development of work plans and budget management in coordination with budget holders.
- Provide day to day oversight and support to the field-based teams, ensuring the implementation of activities is in line with the set workplans, targets are met and advice changes based on needs/changes in the context.
- Evaluate activity progress, define performance indicators, structure operational data collection in coordination with M&E department and implement protocols for quality assurance
- Work closely with the accountability officer/focal point to ensure complaints response mechanism, is up to date and all issues are closely followed up, with adherence to the confidentiality principle.
- Monitor level of project risk and the success of risk mitigation plans and report to NE Syria Program Manager and Protection Technical Manager to identify areas of concern in advance and mitigate effectively.
- Monitoring all levels of project cycle management and report to project program management team (NES and Amman based) to enable effective decision making by capturing detailed;
- Contribute to the development of SOPs (program and operational), and ensure they are implemented in line with us and donor procedures.
- Contribute to and ensure timely and quality reporting on project activities and progress on targets per set deadlines, and conduct regular on-track/off-track assessments with program team (for both internal and external reports).
- Support in establishing proper field management/representation in Syria (operations and programs) and provide daily oversight/supervision to the field representative when hired.
- In close coordination with the technical coordinators in Amman (GBV and PSS), provide/ensure challenging of technical guidance, oversight and support to the GBV, PSS and outreach team in the provision of quality case management, PSS support to ensure the needs of survivors are met in a timely and consistent manner, and ensuring safe and ethical data monitoring.
- Support in the development of community-based prevention activities and provide support to the field-based protection team in the oversight of implementing the community-based prevention activities to engage all community members including women, girls, men and boys in GBV prevention, response and risk mitigation.
- Support Amman-based technical team in organizing and following up on the capacity building training activities of our staff (protection specific and protection mainstreaming).
- Contribute in identifying the WGSS needs/gaps from an operational and technical perspectives, and the needs are addressed in coordination with technical and operations focal points in the hub and in Amman.
- Collaboration with other our programs to ensure integration of activities where applicable, and protection is mainstreamed across our activities. • In coordination with HR and Amman based technical teams, recruit staff and work with supervisors to ensure Performance Management Plan for all staff is in place and followed up regularly. • Ensure field-based protection staff understand and adhere to our Way and GBV best-practice principles, including strict adherence to confidentiality. • Provide input, and support the Protection program manager in reviewing Budget versus actual for accuracy and tracking and to flag spending issues to the Protection manager in Amman on timely manner and support in providing corrective actions. • Participate in all grant opening, mid-term and closing meetings, and ensure compliance with donor regulations during implementation of projects in close coordination with the protection manager. • Represent us in external protection coordination meetings, such as protection working group/cluster; • Ensure protection cases are responded to in compliance with us and protection cluster guidelines.
Grants, Finance and Operational responsibilities:
- Oversee development and implementation of procurement plans.
- Coordinate with operations to follow up on procurement and report back to the program team on delays
- In coordination with budget holders/NE, work on realistic and accurate spend down plans and regularly communicate any under-over spend and plan mitigation measures
- Coordinate with NES hub finances any updates to spend down plan
- Liaise with support departments to monitor risks and develop a log to measure improvements
- In coordination with the grants department, ensure program is in compliance with us and donor policies and procedures.
Duty Station: NES- Main Office Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.