Protection Program Senior Officer
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 2307
المسمى الوظيفي: Protection Program Senior Officer
اخر موعد للتقديم: 16.10.2019
سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين المناسبين فقط.
تقبل السير الذاتية المكتوبة بالانكليزية فقط، مع مراعاة ان يكون نوع الملف اما Word أو PDF.
- Bachelor degree or advanced training/ course in sociology, social work, human rights, humanitarian assistance or related field
- • At least 4 years’ work experience (in paid or voluntary capacity) in NGOs, private and public sector in positions related to the areas covered in the present job description
- • Experience working with GBV survivors
- • Experience in conducting community outreach activities • Experience in implementing WGSS programs • Experience in building teams capacity in GBV and protection core standards
- • Trained in offering psychosocial support or counselling desiderable
- • Excellent interpersonal skills
- • Well-developed organizational skills
- • Experience or educational background specializing in GBV programming
- • Experience with case management protocols desirable
- • Familiar with the Syrian context
- • Experience working in the field and availability to move on weekly and daily basis to different locations • Experience with managing and supervising teams.
- • Sensitivity to contact with survivors and victims of violence and distress
- • Understands rights, GBV and protection issues of IDPs, children and women – experience working with IDPs is an advantage;
- • Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, conflict mediation, empathy and diplomacy skills, • Level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
- • Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork;
- • Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others;
- • Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- • Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- • Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in Arabic and preferably in English as well.
- Provide day to day oversight and support to the field-based teams working in the WGSS and mobile protection units, ensuring that the implementation of activities is in line with the set workplans, targets are met and advice changes based on needs/changes in the context;
- • Understand and follow up on protection program activities and assess progress of implementation, provide solutions to challenges and promptly report issues to the Protection Coordinator;
- • Report internally in writing to the Protection Coordinator about the weekly and monthly achievements and challenges;
- • Support protection staff (social workers, PSS team and protection team) through the provision of technical support and guidance. Ensure that staff implement and respect best-practices and international standards in prevention and response activities as well as all the internal operational procedures both in mobile and static facilities;
- • Oversee awareness raising activities and support the development of community-based protection programing, including outreach activities with communities at large implemented by community mobilizers;
- • Oversee case management (including follow up on referrals and action plans) and support services provided to clients (awareness sessions, emotional support sessions, counselling and therapy);
- • Manage individual protection cases, including maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent and ensure that these are respected by all staff;
- • Oversee internal GBV case management and planning meetings;
- • Refer CP/GBV and protection cases to relevant partners; including updating the database on case referrals and feedback;
- • Ensure that case files are regularly updated and that staff follows our Data management protocols and that beneficiary data is protected;
- • Conduct safety assessments and timely identify risks and barriers to women and girls at community level as well as ensure regular risk mapping exercises at community level ;
- • Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers;
- • Represent us in sector relevant coordination meeting taking place in the AoR based on requests from the Protection Coordinator
- • Collaborate with other our team members when needed, included support the Health programs to mainstream protection;
- • On the job training and coaching of volunteers, community mobilizers and WGSS staff on different topics but prioritizing: minimum protection, GBV and CP standards, consent and confidentiality standards and how to work with community based protection strategies;
- • Support M&E focal points in the WGSS and liaise with the Information Specialist/M&E Officer based in Amuda, to ensure timely submission and quality of data on activities and indicators
- • Ensure that the relevant data is collected and compile to report to relevant donors and stakeholders (4W’s for example)
- • Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the Protection Coordinator.
الجهة المعلنة: Confidential غير معلن
مقر العمل: Amouda, NES (with frequent travel to Deir El Zor).
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.