Logistic Officers Positions required: 3 (1 for fleet management, 1 for shipments, 1 for procurements)
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2286)
Job Title: Logistic Officers Positions required: 3 (1 for fleet management, 1 for shipments, 1 for procurements)
Application deadline: 13th October 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Salary scale: from 800 USD to 1.100 USD according to experience
- Only CVs and letters in English of maximum 3 pages will be considered;
- Only emails with subject “Logistic Officer – Amuda” will be considered;
- Education: Bachelor degree, preferably in Logistics or Engineering, or equivalent diploma
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in procurements, facilities & fleet
- Fluency in English, spoken & written (essential requirement); fluency in Kurdish and Arabic is also required.
- Intermediate level MS office (Word, Excel, PPT & Outlook) and outlook/cloud based software management.
- Good organization skills; sense of confidentiality and discretion; proactive and autonomous; good team spirit; strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of supply chain in general; knowledge and skills in procurement, compliance and audit is an advantage
- Knowledge of Human Rights standards, NGO code of conduct and structure (previous NGO experience is an advantage)
- Please note that applications without motivation letter might not be taken into consideration.
- Kindly do not send multiple application for other UPP vacancies: UPP HR Officer will be responsible of redirecting your CV under the proper position.
- Experience: minimum 2 years
- Language required: English (fluent), Arabic (fluent), Kurdish (fluent)
- Gender: Female and Male
- Education: Bachelor Degree
The Logistic Officer is supporting the Logistic Department in following up on all the logistic aspects of UPP mission in NES, from maintenance of premises, to shipping and warehousing, to procurements and transportation of staff.
The duty station is Amuda, with possible travels to a number of project locations across all North East Syria and cross border points.
The Logistic Officer reports to the Head of Logistics.
The Logistic Officer is mostly responsible to perform the assigned tasks, ranging among the ones listed below; specific duties might be assigned according to the experience in some identified sub-categories such as Procurements, Maintenance, Fleet Management, etc.. However, flexibility and availability to perform logistic tasks across such sub-categories, if and when needed, are a mandatory requirement.
The Logistic Officer is required to duly and timely perform all the tasks assigned by the Head of Logistic within scope of Logistic Department, as well as to support in reviewing all processes and systems and designing and implementing new plans and procedures as needed.
The Logistic Officer is also required to organize and archive all the relevant documentation as per UPP’s internal procedures and ensure accountability, transparency and due diligence as per UPP’s Code of Conduct, with special regard to procurements and purchasing processes.
Tasks and duties
- Organize fleet operations, including tracking and reporting, in coordination with the Security Department, across all project locations in NES;
- Creation of performance, efficiency, vehicle/equipment maintenance and reports;
- Make sure all drivers adhere to UPP SOP’s and other regulations, with special regard to security;
- Ensure, in coordination with the Security Department, that all drivers understand and procure the licenses and permits they need to legally carry passengers to work destinations;
- Support the Logistic and Security Departments in the selection of drivers;
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends;
- Develop and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices;
- Assess roads and routes, whenever required, in coordination with the Security Department;
- Control transfer and movement of vehicles between project locations as required by operations and management;
- Regularly review and update vehicle fleet related policies at least once a year
- Develop tools to track all the mission movements as per projects’ needs
- Ensure that car logs are properly filled and used to monitor the relevant traveling parameters
- Ensure that all the rented vehicle are properly equipped as per UPP Security SOPs, in coordination with the Security Department.
- Address drivers’ needs and issues, in coordination with Head of Logistics.
Warehouse and shipments
- Ensure that all UPP-supported facilities across NES are properly and timely supplied, in coordination with Technical Advisors, and promptly report on shortages and other supply chain issues to the Head of Logistics
- Link with transportation companies in order to organize shipments, both cross border and within NES (from warehouse to project locations), in coordination with UPP’s partner
- Obtain all the required authorizations and clearances from the relevant Local Authorities
- Coordinate with the local partner to make sure that all the necessary arrangements are properly and timely done at warehouse level before any shipment is delivered (time of arrival, availability of space, etc.)
- Recruit and organize daily workers for loading and off-loading operations, if and when required
- Inspect quantity and quality of deliveries, involving technical staff when required, and promptly report to Head of Logistics in case of missing or damaged items
- Inventory all the materials received, in coordination with UPP’s partner
- Ensure that all the goods are properly stored and the quality requirements of the warehouse are met, with special regard to storage of medicines and cold chain process
- Identify gaps and suggest solutions and improvements for the supply chain and the warehouse management
- Ensure that all the shipping documentation is duly filled and filed and all the relevant procedures are followed (proof of delivery, packing list, Freight Manifest, Waybill, etc.)
- Duly report on stock count and availability of goods at warehouse level, using UPP’s tools, with special regard to pharmaceuticals
- Link with UPP-supported facilities to ensure that consumption reports are shared on a regular basis, in order to support data collection and analysis from Technical Advisors
- Support the Logistic Department in market’s assessment and supplier’s evaluation
- Support the Logistic Department in the procurement process, including preparation of all the relevant documentation required for the bidding (vendors list, delivery and acceptance note, letter of invitation, technical specifications, quotation analysis, response letters, purchase order, framework agreement, proof of delivery)
- Assist in the compilation of documents needed for audits under the supervision of the Head of Logistics
- Organize and archive all the relevant documentation as per UPP’s internal procedures
- Ensure accountability, transparency and due diligence as per UPP’s Code of Conduct
- Coordinate with the responsible for the warehouse to ensure that all the goods have been delivered properly
- Coordinate with suppliers and the Administration Department to ensure that payments are processed timely
- Organize printing services, as well as the supply of visibility materials
- Registration and tracking of IT equipment, including handing over procedures
- Ensure that all IT equipment under the custody of UPP staff are properly set and relevant software are installed and regularly updated
- Ensure that all IT devices are maintained and promptly repaired and/or replaced, if damaged
- Ensure that internet connection is functioning at all time and facilitate negotiations with local service providers
- Address all other IT-related issues, if and whenever required
- Support the Security Department, when needed, in identifying, tracking and marking sensitive devices
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send:
1) CV (maximum 3 pages) including at least 2 contacts as references
2) Motivation letter stating which qualifications required and desirable you have.
3) Specifying “Logistic Officers – Amuda” in the email subject, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13th October 2019
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.