Programme Officer –Nutrition مسؤول برنامج لقسم التغذية
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 2253
المسمى الوظيفي: Programme Officer –Nutrition
اخر موعد للتقديم: 06.10.2019
سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين المناسبين فقط.
INGO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
تقبل السير الذاتية المكتوبة بالانكليزية فقط، مع مراعاة ان يكون نوع الملف اما Word أو PDF.
- The Program Officer-Nutrition will deliver counselling on infant and young child nutrition and ensure that caregivers receive appropriate feeding support and key Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies messages are conveyed appropriately to affected communities through Mother-Baby Areas in the community.
- The Programme Officer – Nutrition will be responsible for all the daily activities in the Mother-Baby Area in addition to community outreach and mobilization activities.
- The post-holder will protect, promote and support recommended infant and young child feeding practices (like breastfeeding) to mothers and caregivers of children under 2 years of age in emergencies and minimize the risks of artificial feeding in accordance with agency policy, national policy and international guidance (such as the Sphere Standards and the Operational Guidance on IYCF-E).
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- A female with nutrition background (or background related to care for infants and young children)
- Knowledge of child nutrition, with focus on infant and young child feeding practices, like breastfeeding and complementary feeding, and a willingness to learn;
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and supporting optimal breastfeeding and complementary feeding;
- Excellent communication and counselling skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Capacity to keep accurate records of activities and report in a timely manner
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Highly motivated, active, self-starter who can take initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community leaders, community member members, children and youth.
- Strong understanding of the situation of children (girls and boys) in rural and urban communities.
- Excellent understanding of the complexity of local governance structures in NE Syria and other local stakeholders
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources.
- Strong Kurdish/Arabic skills, written and spoken, English knowledge is a plus.
- Proven experience in counselling or community awareness raising
- Qualification as a trainer of trainers in breastfeeding counselling.
- Familiarity with the Operational Guidance on IYCF-E and SPHERE standards
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
الجهة المعلنة: Confidential غير معلن
مقر العمل: ديرك
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.