Wash DEPUTY PROGRAM MANAGER
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2215)
Job Title: Wash DEPUTY PROGRAM MANAGER
for Water Infrastructure Rehabilitation
Application deadline: 27.09.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic (mandatory)
- Good communication and negotiation skill (representation of SI with Authorities, contractors and other WASH actors)
- IT skills: very good level with all office pack software / AutoCAD or similar CAD software (mandatory)
- Technical skill (proficiency and mandatory): in water treatment (physico-chemical) / electro mechanic / hydraulic design / civil work / electricity (from low to high voltage)
- Knowledge in: Water disinfection technology / Groundwater / Sewage system / Water network design (Epanet or similar software) / Water analysis / Tender process / Negotiation – diplomatic
- Professional experience:
– Past working experience with water infrastructure engineering company (private or / and public) (Mandatory),
– Experience (multi-years) in monitoring contracting companies activities for water infrastructures works in Syria or/and other countries (mandatory),
– Past working experience with high quality standard of work achievement,
– Past working experience in team management positions,
– Good communication skill with authorities / contractors / external persons.
- Personal qualities: We are looking for an implicated employee with an affection for team work and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organise regular meetings with program teams.
- Manage water Rehabilitation team in the absence of the Wash PM
- Plan weekly activities and movement plan of the team with PM support
- Participate in the recruitment of national program staffs.
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the PM in case of a problem.
- Identify and report any training needs for the teams to the program manager.
- Actively participate in Training of Trainer (ToT) training workshops.
- Assist/lead the implementation of training and capacity building of the team.
- Partake in the assessment of team performance.
- Monitor the teams to ensure that they are adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all staff comply with SI security procedures while carrying out all activities
Implementation and Monitoring of Activities
- Plan Water infrastructure rehabilitation / reconstruction activities in collaboration with the field teams.
- Oversee the implementation of activities/projects to ensure SI is reach technical standards of contract signed (Technical specification) and meeting its deadlines.
- Regularly visit the activity sites to oversee the implementation of works and shared situation report according existing format.
- Support the Wash PM for the technical design of the activities (civil work – hydraulic – electricity low to high voltage): technical assessment / Design & sizing (hydraulic – electrical) / drawing (CAD) / BoQ / technical specification / tendering process.
- Support the Wash PM for the technical monitoring of the activities according contract and contractual duty (Contracts – BoQ – Technical Specificaiton, MoU, internal SI requirement)
- Support the WASH PM with the identification of HR needs, logistical and financial resources needed at different stages of the activities/project.
- Identify any risks and constraints related to the activity/project and propose alternate strategies to the Wash PM.
- Assist the Wash PM to improve any activities/projects in the field.
- Ensure that the safety of persons (SI and contractors) and equipment at intervention/project sites is guaranteed.
- Assist the Wash PM in the updating of tools for monitoring and forecasting financial, logistical and operational programs.
- Working with the Wash PM, regularly monitor activity indicators, program results, activity progress and contextual monitoring.
- Inform the WASH PM on the activities / logistic / administrative situation of the project on regular basis with adapted tools (reports / minutes / skype / …)
Assessment and Design of New Projects
- Participate in the identification of areas in need for intervention (specifically DEZ and Hasakeh governorate).
- Support WASH PM for discussion, meeting with local authorities (civil council and water and Irrigation technical departments, Wash Sectorial Working Group)
- Participate in the design of program activities and related human and logistical needs for programs.
- Participate in the preparation of technical needs assessments.
- Partake in the drafting of a number of administrative documents (e.g. MoU’s) to be signed jointly with local authorities, communities and/or partners (English and Arabic version).
- Immediately report any problem or information that could affect the projects/activities or the security of the teams to the Wash PM.
- Ensure the collection and compilation of information about the progress of projects/activities from the field officers.
- Prepare and submit weekly update reports on the progress of projects/activities to the Wash PM.
- Actively participate in weekly PMA meetings with all Team Leaders and the Wash PM.
- Ensure that all program-related documents and files are sent to the Wash PM.
- Represent SI on behalf of the Wash PM and collaborate with relevant bodies: local authorities, beneficiaries, other Wash actors, etc
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
English level and CAD skill will be tested (computer test) so persons with not proficiency with these 2 skills should not apply
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.