Medical Assistant / Translator
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2195)
Job Title: Medical Assistant / Translator
Application deadline: 22.09.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Experience: minimum 2 years
Language required: English (excellent), Arabic (excellent), Kurdish (excellent).
Gender: Female and Male
Education: Bachelor Degree (minimum)
Contract duration: 1 month probation + 5 months contract.
- Previous experience in health-related projects as medical translator (mandatory);
- Previous experience as interpreter (mandatory);
- Previous experience in health-related projects as project’s assistant (mandatory);
- Strong written English skills with specific knowledge of medical terms in Arabic (mandatory)
- Previous experience in supporting training sessions (mandatory);
- Previous experience in conducting field visits for monitoring purposes to ensure correct and quality implementation of the project’s activities and provide accurate reports to the Medical Coordinator (mandatory);
- Previous experience in report writing (mandatory);
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel (mandatory);
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work (mandatory);
- Attention to details and strong problem-solving skills (mandatory);
- Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to the context (mandatory);
- Knowledge of Human Rights standards, NGO code of conduct and structure (previous NGO experience is an advantage).
- University degree in English literature; Nursing; Translation (desirable);
- Previous experience in supervision of project’s or department staff (desirable);
- Previous experience in logistics (desirable);
- Fluency in English (excellent), Kurdish and Arabic and ability to translate, if required (mandatory);
- Previous experience in conducting surveys, observational monitoring, focus group discussions and key informant interviews (desirable);
- Previous experience in liaising with other humanitarian workers and actors for project and coordination purposes (desirable);
- Knowledge of the Kurdish Red Crescent system in North East Syria (desirable).
- We are looking for a Medical Assistant/Translator with proven experience supporting Medical Coordinator/Advisors in his/her daily tasks, during clinical monitoring field visits, meetings, preparing reports, delivering training to local health workers.
- The duty station is Amuda with frequent travels (at least 2 per week) to Menbij, Raqqa, Abu Qalqal, Tabqa, Abo Khashab, Areesha, Al Hol, Kobane, Derik and other possible locations with probable overnights in Kobane. In particular, the Medical Assistant/Translator will assist in:
- Arranging meetings with other actors, Health Department, and other agencies.
- Preparing narrative and administrative reports.
- Coordinating between UPP Medical coordinator and KRC Medical coordinator.
- Translating documents from English to Arabic and Kurdish and vice versa, as per need.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda (travelling and overnight stays at project locations are required)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.