HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS OFFICER (English Mandatory)
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2189)
Job Title: HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS OFFICER (English Mandatory)
Application deadline: 17.09.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Education • Essential degree in Law, Humanitarian affairs, Political Sciences or related university degree.
Experience • Essential previous working experience of at least two years in research, analysis and advocacy.
- Essential experience with us.
- Desirable working experience in developing countries.
- Perform data collection and research concerning local and international context, with regards to security, medical, nutritional and humanitarian issues, in order to provide reliable information for further decision-making.
- Support the Head of Mission and field coordinators in the analysis of the data collected, in order to better orientate the programmes and projects, to provide an optimal response to population needs.
- Compile regular updates of the ongoing (inter-)national activities and plans of NGO’s, UN, ICRC, donors, authorities and other actors on lobby, policy and operational plans and initiatives in order to adequate our activities and objectives.
- Collaborate with the HoM, the Operational/Humanitarian Affairs Department at HQ and other relevant parties to develop a coherent global strategy, in order to address the humanitarian situation.
- Define and review messages, tools, lobbying activities and other advocacy action plans and strategies, in order to raise all humanitarian issues in the mission and seek assistance and protection to affected population.
- Ensure smooth working relationship with local authorities, other NGO’s, local communities and other factors, in order to facilitate our teams a better access to the population and improve our activities’ coordination with third parties.
- Organize discussions, trainings, briefings, etc. about human rights and humanitarian law issues and current and future advocacy activities, in order to raise awareness of our staff regarding these matters.
- Participates in the elaboration and updating of the Country Risk Analysis
- Promotes and assists in the implementation of advocacy activities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Supervises humanitarian affairs related staff in the Mission.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek (with the possibility to visit our projects inside North Syria)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.