Translator cum Admin Assistant
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2181)
Job Title: Translator cum Admin Assistant
Application deadline: 12.09.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- College qualification or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in written and oral communication in Kurdish, Arabic, and English.
- Preferably two years of professional experience in translation and/or interpretation.
- Experience of working in administration is preffered.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple urgent demands, and make timely and quality judgments and decisions to produce the highest quality work possible under time and resource constraints.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
- Commitment to and understanding of The organization aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Familiarity with Derek local socitey .
- Previous experience in working with humanitarian organization.
- Translate documents between English, Kurdish and Arabic as necessary in a timely manner
- Provide accurate interpretation of speeches and statements to and from English in official and internal meetings, workshops, seminars, training sessions, and as requested.
- Assist in the coordination of all official correspondence and other communications received from authorities or organizations and prepare official translations of correspondence as required.
- Travel as necessary to program sites and activity locations.
- Assist in the drafting of communications materials, including promotional material, situational reports, capability statements, and media pieces.
- Provide support to program staff as necessary in direct project implementation; availability beyond regular working hours.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide translation during training sessions, workshops and meetings as required.
- Work closely with the technical and support staff to develop and translate relevant materials for use in direct communication with children and the community in general, as well as local authorities.
- Prepare Procurement Requests timely related to Office/Guest House supplies for Derek.
- Follow up with lease contract (office, warehouses) in Derek in coordination with Admin team.
- Follow up/track and monitor attendance sheets of Derek staff and share it with Admin Officer on regular basis.
- Support all administrative procedures of moving to a new office or guest house space, work closely with logistics to complete all processes on time.
- Ensure that all office equipment and facilities work properly and comply with health and safety regulations, for Derek Office.
- Support day to day running of the office.
- Follow up with stationary inventory.
- To be in charge of all office equipment (printers, cartridges, projectors, fire extinguishers, fridge etc.) and facilities work properly and comply with health and safety regulations.
- Performing general admin duties (such as photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing).
- Support the staff to stay in Derek Office including allocation of rooms, ensuring accommodation is appropriately equipped as necessary, supporting utility payments, internet connections etc.
- Tracking and managing the telephone credit for Derek staff members in coordination with Admin team
- Invoicing and payment for electricity, water, utility, landline, and internet bills in addition to repair costs of the office in coordination with Admin team.
- Collect information to create THE ORGANIZATION ID cards.
- Submit on a weekly basis activity report to immediate supervisor.
- Any other reasonable task as instructed by immediate supervisor.
Other tasks :
- Any other duties as required/requested from the line manager
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.