Coaching and Mentoring Officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2153)
Job Title: Coaching and Mentoring Officer
Application deadline: 15.09.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in law and legal consultancy or advices.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in same filed.
- Experience in the administrative law, legislations and cooperation and institutional development.
- Experience in laws / rules of association is preferable.
- Considerable knowledge of local governance and civil society structures, development, and structure and CSO de-velopment.
- Good communication skills and ability to train the staff of CSOs.
- Good knowledge of the CSOs in the area. Ability to solve problems.
- Experience working with NGOs, INGOs
- Good facilitation skills and awareness of trainings requirements.
- Able to work effectively under and adapt to difficult conditions.
- Strong understanding and application of diversity principles
- Strong knowledge of cultural and political contexts in Syria.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Progressive knowledge of strategic planning at local and higher levels and the related methodologies.
- Substantive knowledge on security issues and activities with an emphasis on local communities.
- Executes day-to-day tasks systematically and efficiently.
- Initiative and sound judgment.
The Coaching and Mentoring Officer will ensure that the Capacity Building of Partners (focused on Governance and organizational capacity development) is efficient on a long-term basis through a close collaboration with the organization and the program team. The Coaching and Mentoring Officer will be responsible for providing Partners staff with regular coaching, making sure they benefit from the training they have been receiving since program starts, developing training packages and provide training as needed. Furthermore, the Coaching and Mentoring Officer will be expected to support the mentoring of partners project’s activities, such as the implementation of initiatives, advocacy, and campaigns.
The Coaching and Mentoring Officer will be responsible for supporting the reporting, coordinating, planning and NPA’s compliance and procedures, and will be expected to provide technical input into partners projects and capacity building programming within NPA Syria, and to feed into program implementation and assessments, as required.
- As part of the process, review partners existing and assist with drafting new policies and follow up on the recommendations to make sure the policies are in line with standards.
- Support the partners to receive mentoring on capacity building.
- In coordination with the capacity building coordinator, provide needed training the partners staff of the CSOs
- Contribute to the identification of needs for mentorship actions through data collection and results analysis.
- Contribute to the design of coaching strategy to meet the partner’s needs (for managers and field staff).
- Elaborate a Coaching Mentoring plan for 1 year and provide the selected staff with coaching.
- Select and/or design necessary tools for the organization (e.g. MandE tools, Finance toolkit, HR toolkit, Logs).
- Support the team in providing close follow-up to the partners that have been receiving Capacity Building trainings.
- Prepare a booklet / manual by the end of the training period, including the legal status of the partners to use.
- Work closely with the other NPA departments, to ensure that the activities complement and support work of each department, and that NPA field staff participates in the capacity development for better implementation and follow up.
- While performing tasks ensure compliance with local government regulations, NPA general and Partnership Policy.
- Based on comprehensive needs assessments ensure that all digital data and information are safely stored and easy to follow up.
Work in close coordination the Capacity Building Coordinator and the program team to ensure that communication between NPA and Partners is clear, and issues are solved in a timely manner.
- Can work well in highly stressful situations, prioritize deliverables and meet reasonable deadlines
- Willing to travel within NES part of Syria.
- Communicates sensitively and effectively across different contexts;
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as work independently;
- Plans and ensures quality results to meet established objectives;
- Formulates written information clearly and persuasively;
- Shares information openly with the team and partners while using discretion to protect confidences;
- Presents information in a clear and articulate manner.
- Good English language skills, Arabic is most, both written and verbal.
- Strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with partners and people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to the ideas, interests, and concerns of others;
- Builds trust and engenders morale by displaying open, transparent and credible behavior;
- Respects individual/cultural differences; utilizes diversity to foster teamwork;
- Ensures others’ understanding of, involvement in, and adaptation to a change process
The Coaching and Mentoring Officer is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid and represent the organization in a loyal and responsible manner.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.