Child Safeguarding Coordinator
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2109)
Job Title: Child Safeguarding Coordinator
Application deadline: 05.09.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
– Experience in child protection/child safeguarding practice in humanitarian setting
– Experience within an INGO or similar other organisation working with vulnerable communities and children.
– Experience of managing as well as undertaking complex child protection/safeguarding investigations and or disciplinary investigations
– Multi-disciplinary experience of working successfully with senior managers in other parts of own/partner’s organisation to deliver major operational change with a track record of delivering results to high standards
– Experience of a lead role in national advocacy or policy work either in the field of Child Protection/Safeguarding to achieve policy change
– Experience of building personal internal and external networks.
– Experience of planning and undertaking training programmes/workshops in child protection/safeguarding at a range of levels (e.g. field workers, managers, senior managers and decision makers)
– Excellent verbal communication and report writing skills in English and Arabic language
– Excellent presentation skills
– Demonstrable commitment to Children’s Rights
– Ability to prioritise and deal with competing demands
– Ability to provide long distance support and establish supportive relationships and networks
– Ability to deliver results against demanding timetables and in the face of competing demands
– Ability to travel and work within challenging environments
– Awareness of own strengths and weaknesses and evidence of commitment to self-managed personal development
– Written and spoken English, Kurdish and or Arabic
– Evidence of professional expertise, personal development and learning in the field of child care
– Experience of working within hostile and challenging environments
– Experience of work related travel in challenging environments
Identify potential risks to children in all the project activities including workshops and events, plan mitigating measures and assign staff to be responsible for the implementation.
– Undertake clear, strong advocacy in line with the Child Safeguarding Policy within the area office and implementing partners.
– Deliver a set of mandatory core training workshops as to enable staff with key responsibilities to undertake their roles and mainstream safeguarding functions
– Deliver on-going refresher training and CSG inductions as appropriate
– Develop capacity building plan for all staff and partners and provide on-going mentoring and support
– Serve as child safeguarding lead focal point for the country office and lead on establishment of strong child safeguarding procedures and risk assessment in all programme activities
– Coordinate with the Area Office Child safeguarding committee and monitor the overall implementation of the Child safeguarding policy in the area office programme.
– Conduct a review of Child Safeguarding Policy implementation throughout the area office programme and implement the Child Safeguarding Policy Compliance Action Plan.
– Ensure that all programming is designed, implemented and monitored through a Child Safeguarding lens
– Support staff to take proactive steps to ensure that all programming activity identifies the potential risks and works to eliminate and mitigate those risks.
– Support staff to identify potential risks to children in all project activities including workshops and events, plan mitigating measures and assign staff to be responsible for the implementation.
– Act as an ambassador for Child Safeguarding at all times
Additional job responsibilities
– The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: NES North East Syria
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.