PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT (Level: 8) Tal Abyad (English is mandatory)
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2070)
Job Title: PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT (Level: 8) Tal Abyad (English is mandatory)
Application deadline: 24.08.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Education • University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
Experience • Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
- Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with us or other NGOs
- Desirable: Management experience
Languages • Arabic (Fluent) and English (Excellent)
Knowledge • Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Excellent understanding of our principles and values
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to our protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Representing us externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of PC in close cooperation with PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting our image externally.
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to PC and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments.
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans.
- Assisting PC in or implementing in cooperation with PC internal and external Communication sessions and events about us (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of our principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for PC.
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting PC in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with PC.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist PC with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays).
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by PC.
Our Section/Context Specific Accountabilities :
Tal Abyad project also covers activities based in Ain Issa Camp. This role requires frequent travel to Ain Issa and a desire to be involved in a wide range of activities. Flexibility is vital as is and in depth understanding of humanitarian principles.
- Collects, triangulates and passes information; informs PC about security alerts
- Organizes meetings and consultations;
- Supports to understand and obtain and renew necessary permissions for our movements; monitors routes for the national and international staff movements
- Assists PC with the context analysis and security actors mapping, updates the project maps and the security contact list.
- Informs PC immediately about security incidents, updated the Security Logbook daily.
Networking, Representation, Negotiations, external Coordination and Communication:
- Understand our positioning and principles and be able to represent us in negotiations. Insures adequate information on and promotion of our activity and principles.
- Passes on messages to relevant actors on behalf of us in coordination and consultation with PC.
- Organizes meetings as requested by PC.
- Monitors social and other media and reports to PC in agreed format
- Updates the Meeting Logbook and Contact List and shares it with PC in agreed form.
- Keeps the record of and files important correspondence and formal documentation in the project and ensures confidentiality.
- Ensures that the our technical and ethical standards, protocols and policies are followed and informs PC if any challenges or issues arise.
- Supports to create a collaborative team environment within the project, facilitating open information sharing
- Ensures all staff understand our principles through brieifngs/trainings
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Tel Abyad
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
- Please submit your motivation letter and CV (in Eng language) to(email@example.com) by latest 24:00 on 24/08/2019.
- In the subject/title of the email please indicate that you are applying to the “Project Coordinator Support” position.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.