Senior MEAL Officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2006)
Job Title: Senior MEAL Officer
Application deadline: 27.07.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures and systems with direct guidance from MEAL Manager through organizing ensuring implementation of standard NPA MEAL systems and procedures.
- Contribute to proposal writing and quality assurance of log-frames and MEAL inputs in proposals.
- Create framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and results with support from the MEAL Manager, in line with Log Frames and objectives as defined by the Programme Managers.
- Work closely with the Programme and project Managers in designing and developing logical frameworks and output, outcome and a results-based monitoring systems.
- Contribute to reporting and quality assure all reporting on outputs and results, including implementing monitoring systems in complex situations.
- Support and facilitate conduction of any external evaluation missions and monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations.
- Conduct monitoring site visits to different project locations project activities to measure performance against the work plan.
- Lead field evaluation of projects and partners through focus group discussions, key informant interviews, household interviews.
- Ensure the accountability systems is in place towards beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Contribute to further development and continuous updating of the accountability strategy in line with NPA standards.
- Manage and improve the complaint and feedback mechanisms for the programme including tracking of follow-up, ensuring adherence to agreed standards.
- Share accountability findings with the programme teams in an appropriate format.
- Conduct reviews, learning events, surveys at project locations.
- Facilitate information sharing and learning between NPA and relevant stakeholders. including members and relevant government institutions as required.
- Ensure proper documentation of NPA experiences and lessons learnt.
- Support the development of a proper and effective data management system.
- Provide information and inputs to be used for NPA communication and reporting materials.
- Support Programme Managers on research, baselines, data collection tools and analyse log frames to ensure high impacting data is collected.
- Develop relevant training modules and train staff on MEAL and in project-specific tools and systems to track and document progress against outputs, outcomes and results.
- Work closely with partner MEAL staff or focal points and provide support as appropriate.
- Provide training to partners on accountability and support them in setting up own mechanisms.
- Contribute to organizational development of local partners, including supporting the Programme Manager in developing systems to track progress on capacity building and organizational development of partners.
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Excellent written & verbal proficiency in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- At least university degree in Social Science, Political Science, Business Administration, Economics, Management, or in a related area is preferred. Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills, with the ability to develop useful tools and formats in coordination with the Programme Managers.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development and humanitarian projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government.
- Extensive experience in working with partners through capacity building.
- Extensive experience in project planning, proposal development and Log-Frames.
- Experience in digital data collection tools.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills, good communication, planning, organizational compliance, systems development & ability to work well in a team.
- Able to work effectively under, & adapt to, difficult conditions.
- Strong training and facilitation skills.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and/or international work environment.
- Have a good understanding of the political interests, geography and issues related to access and programme implementation throughout North East Syria.
- Ability to supervise, train and support other members of his/her team to collect data and information in a sensitive and acceptable manner.
- Experience with working in partnerships.
- Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in capacity building of local organisations.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and build competence of staff and achieve results through others.
- Proactive with integrity, initiative and ability to think and work independently.
- Strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, handle pressure, improvise, and be a good team player.
- Creative thinking, problem solving orientation, accountability for results.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.