Health Project Officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1984)
Job Title: Health Project Officer
Application deadline: 09.07.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Proficient knowledge of English and Arabic written and spoken
Minimum 1 years’ experience in project management
Experience of leading a team, motivating and directing team members
Ability to develop productive working relationships with colleagues, partners, local authorities and other stakeholders
Strong communication and reporting skills
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Knowledge of project management cycle
Experience in projects related to provision of rehabilitation, psychosocial support, and/or advocacy on disability issues preferably.
Experience in disability/ rehabilitation field and working with vulnerable groups
Skills Personal qualities
– Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
– Ability to work under high pressure
– Proactive and punctual
– Ability to develop information material
– Analytical skills
– Knowledge of referrals mechanisms
– Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
– Adaptability, flexibility
– Autonomy in work
– Commit to work ethics/ split between work and personal relationships.
Degree in Health Management, Public Health, in Humanitarian Action/ Development studies or social fields (anthropology, psychosocial, sociology, protection..), physiotherapy,..etc
The organization will offer the successful applicant a fixed term contract for three months.
You must be available to start work from August 2019 and be willing and able to work in Hassakeh governorate.
Salary and conditions will be according to the salary grid. Minimum 1087 USD/month + (allowances).
- In collaboration with the PM, daily organization and supervision of the project activities
– Responsible for the planning of the team on the field each week
– Transmission of the weekly planning every week to the project manager
– Responsible for the availability of the materials of the team for the field activities
– Participation in required recruitment for field team roles
– Continuously monitor any changes in the current crisis , work with teams to identify potential solutions and report all relevant information to Health PM and TAs so a joint decision can be taken to modify activities to better meet identified needs and to reach planned indicators.
– With the team, help ensure beneficiary identification, support and follow-up tools are relevant and utilized
- Supervise team activities and help ensure the quality of these :
– Animation of the daily/weekly meetings with the psychosocial workers, physiotherapists, social workers
– Organize teams to run identification, analysis, assessment of the beneficiaries, rehabilitation cares, psychosocial support… and make good assessment of specific needs of the beneficiaries
– Ensure a quality analysis of needs identified by the teams
– Checking of assessment forms with the team and compilation of data as required
– Participate in trainings and provide trainings as required
– Ensure that donations certificates are provided for all the donations
– Ensure the donations are made according to the strategy (quality and quantity) and the needs identified
- eam management:
– Provide daily guidance and support to the teams under his direct supervision
– Ensure the proper understanding by the teams of the tasks they should carry out and the objectives to reach
– Identify and share with the Project manager the need of capacity building of his team members
– Participate with the Project Manager for the organization of essential capacity building activities the project team under his direct supervision
– Ensure that operational, administrative & logistics procedures are respected by his team members (such as respect of working hours, respect of the use of the material allocated to the team, leave policies…)
– Prepare and conduct regular performance management/review of staff directly managed as per the organization’s policies
– Help to ensure the respect of hierarchical links and communication channels within his team and other staff
– Encourage good communication between all members of the team
- Liaison with Technical Officers and Advisors:
– Support the Project Manager with the links with colleagues in and other departments as relevant
– Work in close relationship with the TO/TAs on technical aspects (challenges, “difficult” cases, review of the intervention modality, strategy…), on a regular basis
- Follow up Human Resources and logistics:
– In direct link with Project Manager, and with the administration, have a global view on HR needs and issues for the team and activities be able to refer when needed
– Identify any training needs of the field teams and relay these needs to the relevant Technical Officers and where relevant, support the Technical Officers to implement appropriate trainings
– Work with the logistics department to organize efficient distribution for all items to be distributed to beneficiaries and doing regular reconciliations of assistive devices
- Monitoring and Reporting:
– Ensure all field teams are making appropriate records of their activities with beneficiaries (beneficiary assessment and follow-up, referral, donation certificates, etc), and link this information with the data/monitoring in a timely manner
– Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of the activities of the field teams for quality and efficiency and ensure appropriate response to the identified needs, with the Project Manager
– Support the field teams to correctly complete all the required reporting (statistics, field activity reports, etc.)
– Write regular (weekly, monthly) reports on activities and progress towards indicators as required
– Ensure that issues identified through the monitoring process are brought to the attention of the PM and addressed accordingly
– Write minutes of all meetings held bi/weekly in the office with field staff
- Professional Responsibilities:
– Respect beneficiary confidentiality.
– Respect and promote the organization’s Policies and report to your line manager any non-respect of the organization’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
– Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
– Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
– Always respect a refusal of treatment.
– Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specialty
– Distribute the specific items when needed (stock request, distribution planning, donation certificate, reporting on the donations made during the week)
– Ensure that the team members know and follow the security procedures, in collaboration with the Field Coordinator
– Inform the Field Coordinator of any security issues faced on the field by the team and keep a clear report on incidents and location of incidents
– Assist the PM and the Field Coordinator in translating when meeting operational staff or external actors
– Ensure the translation of necessary tools for the NES operations
- External Coordination
– In cooperation with PM, building relationships with relevant Local Authorities, including Humanitarian Affair Offices, making sure authorizations are obtained in all project locations
– Participate in the organization referral system towards other (I)NGOs and the organization internal departments
– Represent the organization in any other relevant external meetings
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.