Early Recovery Officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1930)
Job Title: Early Recovery Officer
Application deadline: 13.06.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- At least 2 years working with an INGO, previous experience in cash-based programming or rehabilitation activities is a strong advantage
- University degree
- Computer literate: good command of the Office Pack, comfortable using Excel and Word
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (Kobo)
- Excellent level of English (speaking, reading and writing): this position will involve reporting in English
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- High degree of judgment and initiative; ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
The Early Recovery officer contributes to the achievement of DCA programme objectives through the efficient and effective implementation of the Early Recovery Activities.
The portfolio of Early recovery activities includes Shelter rehabilitation, Cash for Work (CFW), School Rehabilitation, NFI distributions and Multi Purpose Cash Assistance. These are activities that may evolve over time to better adapt to the changing situation in DCAs areas of intervention.
The ERO organizes the implementation of the activities by supervising the team leaders and ensuring all project achievements are completed in due time.
S/he regularly visits project locations and ensures the overall coherence of activities and the respect of the project timeframes.
The ERO recover officer will manage 3 team leaders (2 Early Recovery team leaders, one Shelter and Rehabilitation Team Leader)
The ERO will work closely with and delegate tasks directly to the Monitoring and Evaluation Department.
The ERO will strive to implement activities in close collaboration with clearance, risk education, psychosocial support and office support staff.
S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Early Recovery Coordinator. As all DCA staff, s/he falls under the overall management of the DCA Syria Country Director
Detailed Responsibilities –
- Organize the work of the Early Recovery team, dispatch responsibilities and ensure tasks are achieved
- Participate in the design of the intervention
- Actively participate in the design of project documentation (beneficiary interview forms, Standard operational procedures, vulnerability assessments, etc)
- Participate in the implementation of the project impact surveys.
- Budgeting of activities
- Coordinates with local stakeholders (City councils, Humanitarian Affairs Offices, etc) as relevant and necessary in support of Team Leaders
- Ensure regular feedback mechanisms are in place within the teams
- Report activities and achievements to the Early Recovery Coordinator (monthly report and monthly update of the Programme Output tracker)
- Participate in implementation report writing as relevant
o Involvement in donor reporting
o Involvements in writing PDM reports
- Report any incident immediately to the Early Recovery Coordinator
- Ensure all project documentation is donor compliant
- Collect project documentation from implementation teams and ensure they are properly organized and archived
- Dispatching tasks among the Early Recovery team
- Following up on any HR issue within the Infrastructure and Rehabilitation team
- Regular appraisal of Team Leaders as per HR regulations
- Preparation and follow up of Purchase Requests
- Preparation of weekly movement plans
- Work within the framework of DCA’s core values
- Act as an ambassador for DCA
- Participate in meetings where relevant.
- Work in compliance with DCA’s Policies, including but not limited to, Equal Opportunities, Code of Conduct and Dignity at Work Policies.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required.
Duty Station: Ein Issa (with frequent movements to Raqqa and Menbij)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.