مسؤول امن و حماية Safety and Security Officer
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1857
المسمى الوظيفي: Safety and Security Officer
اخر موعد للتقديم: 11.05.2019
سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين المناسبين فقط.
تقبل السير الذاتية المكتوبة بالانكليزية فقط، مع مراعاة ان يكون نوع الملف اما Word أو PDF.
The position is based in Amuda/ Syria. Travel may be required in-country
- Have a minimum of 2 years of NGO/UN field (operations) experience in a security officer role
- Prior experience of working in NE Syria and fair understanding of the social, political, and economic context of N-Syria
- Written & verbal proficiency in English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Good computer skills are required, knowledge of MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel
- Proven security management skills
- University or college degree
- Demostrated ability to multi-task, flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving, ability to follow procedure, meet deadlines, and process information into action Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, work independent and cooperatively with team members, organizational skills, and high sense of responsibility
Under the overall technical guidance and support of CSM, the SSO will be responsible for:
- Provide credible information and contextual understanding of localized and country-wide security situation and incidents, along with appropriate advice to NPA field and programme management.
- Continuously monitor the prevailing security context in Syria.
- Ensure routine communication with North East Syria team members through daily and routine briefings to ensure the staff is aware of the context (political, social, security and humanitarian).
- Conduct security assessments in work locations either directly or remotely. S/he is responsible for maintaining updated risk assessments and local security protocols.
- Keep HOO/FSL PM and CSM updated on security situation in the field and in particular on any relevant changes.
- Provide Amuda base visitors and new staff with an induction on security and with regular security briefings and updates and ensure that all staff follow security procedures.
- Ensure full adherence to NPA’s security management plans of field staff and visitors.
- In coordination with the CSM, ensure that local security plans are relevant and constantly updated as appropriate and that all staff know their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that communication tools and equipment are functioning well and in working condition at all times.
- Ensure more than one communication network, always have 2nd or even 3rd means of communication, thus ensure that VHF radio, Thuraya SAT phones are always available for emergency communication.
Staff/Programme and Premises Safety/Security:
- Secures NPA office and residential premises and personnel and ensure full functioning of monitoring surveillance equipment; premises equipped with fire extinguishers, first aid kits and emergency contact list;
- Regularly inspect office and residential compounds to make sure they are safe and secure; fences and gates are strong enough and maintained to prevent unauthorized entries. Equipment, access points and entry gates;
- Ensure MOSS / MROSS compliance.
- Ensure that Security Guards are well aware of their responsibilities and present 24/7 on duty and have access to basic security equipment (torch, mobile phone + charger and credit and NPA emergency contact list.
- Conduct Security assessment of NPA new premises before NPA goes with lease contract signatures;
- Support all programme activities with reliable local risk analysis, planning of the activities, direct support and follow up during activity implementation. As appropriate, identify an exit route for programme implementation points, arrange transportation and safety measurements to evacuate staff – in case of security incidents.
Transport/movement Safety and Security:
- Ensure all vehicles equipped with updated fire extinguishers, first aid kits, Track24 and emergency numbers.
- Ensure there is safe area for fleet parking, drivers trained and alerted of any evacuation with an immediate notice.
- Ensure all cars seat belt are working and staff members are following the safety instruction and all safe driving SoPs.
- Monitor, with logistic team support, the car movement and speed limit of the vehicles.
- Coordinate staff movement in the field.
Networking and External Liaison / Engagement
- Ensure to maintain a solid communication with staff, security personnel/organizations and other stakeholders within the AoR and value any information, even based on rumors and pass to supervisors (CSM and HoO).
- Liaise with local security actors, local officials and other I/NGO’s as required for gaining acceptance and local intelligence. Fostering good relationships with security actors in isolated areas.
- Conduct regular field missions to AOR to ensure our relationships with local actors is maintained. When Security Actors rotate its vital we build relationship, communications with new Actors. Vital human intelligence is gathered at these meetings that is unavailable through INSO.
- Attends security coordination meetings and update staff and management on current security issues.
- Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure staff are always updated on security situation in NES – by e-mail, SMS or other communication systems. Coordinate with Local security organization in NES, attend the Security meeting
- Provide security reports and briefings to programme teams.
- Responsible for tracking and controlling the reporting of NPA staff when travelling or working within AO.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately.
- Follow up of SIR (Security Incident Report) with Security Focal Points at LGA level;
- Consolidate Security Monthly report and analysis;
- Write regular security management reports with situational analysis and recommendations;
الجهة المعلنة: NPA
مقر العمل: Amouda عامودا
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.