Medical Translator and Assistant in Kobane
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1850)
Job Title: Medical Translator and Assistant in Kobane
Application deadline: 04.05.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Previous experience in health-related projects as medical translator (mandatory);
- Previous experience as interpreter (mandatory)
- Strong written English skills with specific knowledge of medical terms in Arabic (mandatory)
- Previous experience in supporting training sessions (mandatory);
- Previous experience in conducting field visits for monitoring purposes to ensure correct and quality implementation of the project’s activities and provide accurate reports to the line manager (mandatory);
- Previous experience in report writing (mandatory);
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel (mandatory);
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work (mandatory);
- Attention to details and strong problem-solving skills (mandatory);
- Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to the context (mandatory);
- Knowledge of Human Rights standards, NGO code of conduct and structure (previous NGO experience is an advantage).
- University degree in English literature; Nursing; Economics (desirable);
- Previous experience in supervision of project’s or department staff (desirable);
- Previous experience in logistics (desirable);
- Fluency in English (excellent), Kurdish and Arabic and ability to translate, if required (mandatory);
- Previous experience in conducting surveys, observational monitoring, focus group discussions and key informant interviews (desirable);
- Previous experience in liaising with other humanitarian workers and actors for project and coordination purposes (desirable);
- Knowledge of the Kurdish Red Crescent system in North East Syria (desirable).
- Minimum 25 years old;
- Only CVs and letters in English of maximum 3 pages will be considered;
- Only emails with subject “MT – Kobane” will be considered;
- Please note that applications without motivation letter will not be taken into consideration.
- Kindly do not send multiple application for other UPP vacancies: UPP HR manager will be responsible of redirect your CV under the proper position.
Experience: minimum 3 years
Language required: English (excellent), Arabic (excellent)
Gender: Female and Male
Education: Bachelor Degree (minimum)
Contract duration: 1 month probation + 6 months contract.
We are looking for a Medical Translator with proven experience supporting medical advisors and clinicians delivering training to local health workers. The duty station is Kobane with frequent travels (at least 2 per week) to Menbij, Raqqa, Abu Qalqal, Tabqa and other possible locations and less frequent travels (at least 1 time per month) to Amuda with overnight stay.
Duty Station: Kobane (travelling and overnight stays at project locations are required)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.