Health Waste Expert Consultant
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1831)
Job Title: Health Waste Expert Consultant – Part Time
Application deadline: 23.04.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Minimum 25 years old;
- Only CVs and letters in English will be considered;
- Only emails with subject “Health Waste Expert Consultant – Amuda” will be considered;
- Kindly do not send multiple application for other UPP vacancies: UPP HR manager will be responsible of redirect your CV under the proper position.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor/Master Graduate degree in Civil engineering, Environmental or public health engineering;
- Previous experience in health waste or waste related projects;
- Previous experience and capacity in reviewing, designing, establishing work specifications and quotations, follow-up and evaluation of activities related to the construction of Health infrastructures in public institutions and communities, such as the construction of waste management structures (incinerators, refuse pits, waste pits, crushers, etc…);
- Capacity to carry out environmental analysis (such as underground water, electricity cables, etc.) and to guide and supervise the daily construction works of structures for health waste management through field visits and by remote;
- Previous experience in conducting field visits for monitoring purposes to ensure correct and quality implementation of the project’s activities and provide accurate reports with the support of the Project assistant;
- Support project staff to supervise and monitor the construction works through regular communication with the company (or companies) engineers;
- Previous experience in organizing training sessions and capacity to train the health facilities staff on the new system of health waste management that the project aims to build;
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic;
- Proficiency in Autocad and MS Office, especially in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel.
- Attention to details and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to the context.
- Previous experience in supervision of project’s or department staff;
- Knowledge of Human Rights standards, NGO code of conduct and structure (previous NGO experience is an advantage).
- Knowledge of the Kurdish Red Crescent system in North East Syria.
Experience: minimum 1-3 years
Language required: English (excellent), Kurdish, Arabic (excellent)
Gender: Female and Male
Education: Bachelor Degree (minimum)
Duty Station: Amuda (travelling at project locations is required)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.