JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1765)
Job Title: EMERGENCY COORDINATOR
Application deadline: 10.03.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor Degree in social sciences or related field;
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in with Local or International NGOs at project coordination and management capacity;
- Exposure to Northeast Syria programming;
- Experience in program management cycle;
- Understanding of reporting documentation and donor rules and regulations;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word preferred.
Emergency Response Planning and Preparation;
- Review existing emergency response grants and identify specific activities and targets for each donor;
- Prepare work plans with emergency team and share with emergency program manager;
- Support to conduct rapid needs assessments for fund raising and new proposal development;
- Conduct market assessments to prepare cash and voucher interventions;
- Prepare relief item kit contents, estimates, BOQs and cash/voucher amounts in line with working group recommendation;
- Organize planning meetings and project kick-off meetings with emergency team and other departments;
- Prepare distribution plans in coordination with stakeholders and emergency program manager;
- Support to develop new proposals and budget for emergency programming;
- Support to identify emergency partners through conducting due diligence assessments, capacity assessments.
Manage Implementation Process of Emergency Response:
- Identify locations for emergency response activities in coordination with working groups;
- Conduct pre-site visits to distribution locations to ensure safety and appropriate conditions for distributions;
- Conduct field visits to distribution sites to supervise distribution and identify bottlenecks in distribution process;
- Coordinate with PQ and MEAL staff to ensure relevant MEAL activities are conducting during and after distributions;
- Coordinate with MEAL teams to ensure accountability and response to feedback received through feedback mechanism;
- Provide data and information for MEAL department to conduct MEAL activities during and after distributions;
- Ensure regular supply chain during the distribution and coordinate closely with logistic team to highlight bottlenecks;
- Regular field reporting to program manager and ensure documentation of lessons learned and areas for expansion;
- Organize partner review meetings and conduct regular monitoring of partner implementation.
Staff/Partner Supervision and Capacity Building;
- In collaboration with the partnership coordinator, support to develop a capacity building plan;
- Identify staffing gaps and facilitate recruitment for suitable positions within the emergency team;
- Conduct induction sessions and on the job trainings and capacity building sessions;
- Conduct bi-weekly team meetings with emergency field staff and partners.
Liaison & Coordination;
- Work closely with safety and security focal points to ensure field distributions are in line with safety and security protocols;
- Coordinate with local authorities and stakeholders to ensure emergency response is well coordinated;
- Coordinate with other INGOs/LNGOs who implement emergency programs in NES;
- Represent the organization and share emergency response plans and adopt implementation accordingly;
- Ensure communication and joint working with other organization projects and teams to ensure integrated response;
- Supporting partnership team to develop tools to assess partner performance and reflect sessions on the findings.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.