DEPUTY MEAL MANAGER
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1746)
Job Title: DEPUTY MEAL MANAGER
Application deadline: 07.03.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Bachelor/Master Degree in social sciences or research/quality oriented disciplines
Minimum 1 years’ experience with an NGO specialized in humanitarian assistance with at least 9 months experience in project monitoring and evaluation or research;
Experience of working in all aspects of monitoring and evaluation, ideally including: an in-depth understanding of indicators, a good understanding of logframes, and a good understanding of the project management cycle;
Experience with M&E tools/activities including: FGDs, KIIs, monitoring surveys (ex: Post distribution), evaluations (KAP, baselines/endlines, etc.);
Experience in writing reports;
Experience in designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative studies including collecting, analyzing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data;
Experience designing and conducting trainings.
Previous experience managing a team.
- Competencies & skills
Strong demonstrated analytical skills;
Ability to write clear and well-argued reports;
Strong knowledge of the MS office pack (Excel, Word, Powerpoint). ODK appreciated;
Problem solving and with the ability to assess challenges and recommend solutions;
Strong training/capacity-building skills;
Stress management skills: ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads;
Excellent understanding of humanitarian principles, accountability, and do no harm;
Inter-personal skills and character:
Solid organizational and communication skills;
Flexible (may have to take on responsibilities that might not be directly on his/her JD, may be required to work from different locations.
Willingness to work long hours;
High sense of integrity, responsibility, and accountability;
Strong sense of belonging and teamwork;
High level of autonomy, independence, ability to learn, and initiative (employee may occasionally be managed remotely).
Fluent English: speaking, reading and excellent writing skills required;
Implementation and supervision of M&E activities:
- Assisting the MEAL manager in maintaining and updating the M&E Plan for on-going programs and new programs, including timeframe of activities, data collection methodology, tools to be used and expected delivery.
- Through personal effort or management of MEAL staff participating in M&E activities by designing quantitative and qualitative studies (including an analysis plan) to be conducted by the MEAL department.
- When applicable, through personal effort or management of MEAL staff planning the logistical needs, administrative needs, and duration of M&E activities. This includes the recruitment, training, and management of enumerators (planning, supervision of data quality, etc.)
- Through the recruitment and management of MEAL Staff collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and producing M&E reports, including adapted recommendations, and disseminate the results through feedback sessions, presentations and visualization techniques.
- Working closely with program teams to ensure the follow-up of programs indicators. Support all program teams in conducting monitoring activities (review methodologies, assisting in the creation of analysis plans and provide necessary trainings on design, sampling, XLS/ODK coding, data analysis, and reporting).
- Participating along with MEAL Manager and other MEAL staff in Program Quality Follow Up exercises.
Accountability and CRM:
- Working alongside the MEAL Manager and other teammates to develop tools, preferably using a community participatory approach, to be used to observe and study adherence to accountability;
- Assist the MEAL Manager in the creation and implementation of a viable and relevant CRM system in RAQ
- Builds the capacity of MEAL and other SI staff with regard to accountability, complaints and response mechanisms;
- Taking part in the accountability mechanisms set up by SI
- Ensure that relevant MEAL staff are reporting all negative feedback or lack of accountability, protection issues or “Do no Harm” policy breach to his/her line manager or appropriate pathways.
- Ensure that relevant MEAL staff check that complaint response mechanisms are established and are accessible to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that relevant MEAL staff check that complaints are registered and logged complaints into a formal database.
- Ensure that relevant MEAL staff check that complaints are addressed and that an appropriate and timely response is given to the complainant.
- Ensure that relevant MEAL staff participate in training field teams on CRM information plan
Learning – Institutional Knowledge Building (IKB) and Database:
- Through management of the Database MEAL staff, assisting the MEAL manager in creating and maintaining a database of M&E documents created and used by the MEAL department and program teams including surveys, raw and analyzed data, recommendations, and reports.
- Assisting the MEAL manager in designing and implementing learning and IKB tools and cross-cutting (Inter-sectorial) studies, as well as encouraging and assisting program to do the same.
- Assisting the MEAL manager in the creation and maintaining of an information sharing tool to disseminate lessons learned and recommendation to staff (owncloud, Recommendation Follow Up tool, etc.)
- Ensuring Relevant MEAL staff are using, updating, sharing, and maintaining these data sharing and IKB tools.
- Training and building the capacity of program teams on design, sampling, data analysis, and reporting;
- Whenever applicable, gathering external studies conducted by other stakeholders that relate to programs being evaluated
- When applicable, providing recommendations on improving program and strategy (during SWOT/Strategic workshops or by reporting to MEAL manager)
- Ensuring that database MEAL staff keep monitoring tools and files archived at SI office accessible to the program team and updated on a regular basis.
Human Resources Management
- Participate in the recruitment and induction of national program staff.
- Ensure the regular appraisals of staff members under direct line management are conducted
- Assist the implementation of training and capacity building of the team, under the lead of PM and in coordination with HR department as relevant.
- Partake in the assessment of team performance.
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the PM in case of a problem. Monitor the teams to ensure that they are adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all staff comply with SI Code of Conduct, security protocols and internal regulation while carrying out all activities.
Representation and Communication:
- Representing SI and the MEAL department in internal and external meetings, trainings, workshops, working groups, and donor visits.
- Representing SI on the field and with beneficiaries by providing information on services provided by SI or otherwise, referring cases/needs, and acting in a professional and accountable manner.
- Upon request, attending base meetings/other internal/external meetings to receive or present updates on behalf of the MEAL manager.
- Ensure constant communication with the SI program teams to have an in-depth understanding of SI activities
- Participating in MEAL department meetings and reporting on his/her activities’ progress and challenges/problems encountered. This includes providing constructive suggestions to improve the team’s activities.
- Prepare and submit weekly update reports on the progress of projects/activities to the PM.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Ein Issa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.