إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1612
المسمى الوظيفي: Nutrition Consultant
اخر موعد للتقديم: 21.01.2019
سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين المناسبين فقط
1. Scope of Work Summary:
The scope of this consultancy assignment is to assist INGO for implementation of Increase Food security and enhanced nutrition particularly for Women and Children in the camps. of CAS project.
The camp populations in Northeast Syria (NES) constantly fluctuate, some residents seeking shelter in relatively stable Al-Hasakah to wait for the security situation to alleviate, while others only stay few days or weeks in route to Turkey. In Roj camp, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) are suffering from over-crowdedness, restrictions on mobility, limited livelihood sources, shelter inadequacy due to the lack of weather insulation or extended use, and barriers to healthcare and education access, among others.
INGO will focus on helping camp populations in Roj and Nawroz camp to organize themselves to solve their own problems and work on empowering and motivating refugee and internally displaced women, girls. INGO will distribute monthly supplementary food vouchers to all families in Roj Camp and in Newroz Camps and INGO will provide structured Nutrition Education Sessions in Roj Camp and Newroz Camp. INGO will implement 2 sessions per week in different locations across the camps including schools, health centers, and community areas.
3. Objective and Purpose of the Consultancy:
INGO intends to acquire the services of consultant, the scope of this consultancy is to design context specific modules/guides/materials for INGO filed staff (Nurses), and so they can interact and conduct sessions with members of both Camp residents. Consultant will also conduct sessions with the camp residents of foreign families before and after designing the modules/materials and will train INGO staff on Nutrition techniques.
4. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
I. Have a meeting with INGO team at start of the consultancy, to understand the objectives, scope and deliverable of the assignment and to chalk out the work plan and the timeline of the assignment.
II. Conduct background reading, situational analysis and meeting with camp staff, camp administration and members of foreign families.
III. Develop modules /materials to be used by INGO staff for CVE/deradicalization sessions with members of ISIL families, conduct sessions with ISIL family members to counter current indoctrination and provide training to INGO staff to conduct the same sessions for rest of project period.
5. Specific Tasks of the Consultant:
Under the overall guidance of the Syria Programs Director, the consultant will accomplish the following, using his / her education and experience, knowledge and additional understanding gleaned from available resources: • Nutrition programmes are coordinated in order to ensure that minimum UNHCR and international standards are met. • The prioritization of the nutrition and food assistance strategy is supported focusing on prevention and treatment activities, including ensuring appropriate food availability at entry points, transit sites and in camps, referral
• Training INGO staff on Nutrition
• Design and develop materials that supports program activities
• Design and set daily plans for conducting the activities
• Participate and provide technical guidance on Distribution of monthly supplementary food vouchers to all families
• Nutrition coordination meetings are regularly conducted with all relevant partners.
• Coordinate field level nutrition programmes in co-operation with UN agencies, UNHCR partners, and other humanitarian partners.
• Monitor and evaluate field level nutrition programmes against UNHCR and international standards to ensure that programmes are evidence-based and implemented in a comprehensive and cost-effective manner; this will include data analysis, interpretation and monitoring of programme impact
• Assess the training needs of nutrition and / or health workers on nutrition and develop a training programme to meet these needs and support. • Provide technical leadership, technical support and guidance to implementing and operational partners, including on the integration of a nutrition component into the overall primary health care programmes and curative services.
6. ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED • University degree in Human Nutrition or related field. • Minimum 5 years of relevant experience; at least 3 years of this experience should be in a capacity directly relevant to the current position in the UN or in an international organization dealing with large-scale emergencies or displaced/refugee situations. • Proven technical expertise in the area of nutrition and food security assessments including surveys, rapid screenings and rapid assessments in the public health nutrition areas. • Ability to coordinate a range of diverse actors and activities to achieve a common objective in the area of public health and WASH is essential. • Exposure to UNHCR mandate, its priorities and principles. • Knowledge and experience of working with partner agencies with a capacity to provide formal and informal training. • Proficiency in computer software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, ENA, Ep info. • Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic language. • DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES • Experience, advanced training and combined knowledge in various related fields: e.g. public health, food assistance, IYCF, reproductive health, WASH. • Experience in nutrition surveys, implementation of micro-nutrients programme.
الجهة المعلنة: Confidential غير معلن
مقر العمل: Iraq or Syria with regular visit to Al Hasaka/ Syria
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.