Senior Compliance Officer
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1546
المسمى الوظيفي: Senior Compliance Officer
اخر موعد للتقديم: 02.01.2019
سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين المناسبين فقط
• Minimum of 4 years’ or equivalent experience in the field of compliance, audit (internal or external), accounting, financial management, procurement, internal control evaluation, etc. A Master’s degree on a relevant subject may be considered as equivalent of 1 year work experience.
• Professional experience working in a similar organization (international NGO or UN) is required.
• Strong analytical and reporting skills
• Ability to work independently while being a strong team player, be proactive problem-solver
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent command of Microsoft Excel; good knowledge of standard office programs
• High degree of accuracy and very strong attention to detail
• Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves established goals
• There will be a requirement to travel and occasional overnight stays with this role
• Must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours
• Ability and confidence to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) at senior levels of the organization
• Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments
• Proficiency with the English and Arabic languages, both verbal and written
Senior Compliance Officer facilitates the compliance of organizational functions with donor regulations and internal policies and controls, as well as serving in an internal audit function. The position is based in Derik.
Senior Compliance Officer has a direct/technical reporting line to Compliance Director, and indirect/administrative reporting line to NES Country Director.
• Assist the Compliance Director in the development and update of the compliance/audit plan
• Perform Compliance Reviews according to the approved plan, as well as based on special requests, including, but not limited to the following:
° Review and analyze the extent to which CHF’s internal policies, rules and guidelines are complied with, including conducting walkthroughs and tests that systematically assess whether systems and controls are operating as per policies, procedures and donor regulations.
° Review the adequacy and effectiveness of CHF’s partners/sub-awardees’ systems and internal controls, ensuring that they offer adequate protection against error, fraud, loss or non-compliance.
° Conduct site visits, vendor visits and other related tasks in line with the existing methodology to achieve objectives of compliance reviews or special assignments.
° Produce high quality workpapers to document all issues resulting from the above-mentioned procedures, in line with the existing methodology.
° Discuss issues observed, with relevant staff at corresponding levels of CHF to gather their input and to establish root causes of each issue.
° Summarize results of the review in Compliance or Audit Reports according to the approved format, referencing corresponding policies, guidelines, and outlining recommended corrective actions.
• Stay informed of and assess adherence to CHF and donor policies and procedures in relation to Procurement, Finance, HR, Logistics, as set out in relevant manuals and guidelines.
• In coordination with supervisor, deliver training, capacity building and support to CHF staff and/or partners to enhance their knowledge and understanding of CHF’s and donor policies and procedures.
• Support supervisor in compiling timely and accurate regular and ad-hoc management reports.
• Maintain proper filing system, both hard-copy and electronic, providing evidence and solid supporting documentation for all the audits and compliance reviews performed by the department.
• Assist Compliance Director in drafting and updating department-related documentation, including but not limited to: relevant tools, policy and procedures, materials for trainings, assessments, etc.
• Ensure high level of confidentiality and security of entrusted data is maintained at all times.
• Any other job related tasks requested by the supervisor.
• Supervise Feedback and Compliance Assistant based in Derik. Manage day-to-day performance, provide constructive feedback and deliver performance reviews.
• Ensure smooth functionality of the Feedback Mechanism for North-East Syria operations. Coordinate referral and follow-up steps with Feedback and Compliance Assistant based in Derik, outline actions required and follow up on their implementation.
• Reach out to relevant staff at all levels of CHF so that the feedback can be resolved quickly.
• Provide timely and accurate reports to Compliance Director using the reporting tools for the Feedback Mechanism.
Education and Training
• University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics or related field.
• Familiarity with and understanding of USAID and other international donors’ policies and procedures.
• Completion of Certified Internal Auditor program would be an asset.
• Experience in undertaking interviews and inspections would be an advantage.
الجهة المعلنة: Confidential غير معلن
مقر العمل: Derek
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.