Security Training Consultant – NESyria
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1482
المسمى الوظيفي: Security Training Consultant – NE Syria
اخر موعد للتقديم: 16.12.2018
سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين المناسبين فقط
BACKGROUND AND PROBLEM STATEMENT
Global Communities/CHF International implements humanitarian projects in both NES and NWS. The safety and security of GC/CHF staff and beneficiaries is considered to be of paramount importance.
Syria has been ravaged by conflict in recent years resulting in a heavily displaced population, heavily mined field locations and the destruction of community infrastructure. CHF operates a number of protection centers that provide access to services considered essential to equip a traumatized population begin rebuilding lives and the security of clients and staff using these facilities is the major component of this consultancy service.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTION/GOAL
· Training security staff based on the principles established by CHF including community engagement, risk management and observing the humanitarian principles culminating in a ‘Do No Harm’ approach.
· Capacity building of security staff to provide more accurate and standard approach to data gathering and communication within communities;
· Improving response capabilities of security staff in contingencies
· Increasing the awareness of security staff on risk and vulnerability assessments
· Able to provide appropriate level of training according to staff ability and posting
SPECIFICATIONS/ DELIVERABLES/ OBJECTIVE OF THE PROCUREMENT
· Improving response capabilities for staff and in daily activities and contingencies, the topics should include but may not be limited to:
o For both Security Staff and Drivers:
§ Guard and monitor the premises including offices, guest houses and protection centers
§ First Aid Responder Training including trauma response
§ Access and Exit control
§ Fire Protection and Safety
§ Patrols and Fixed Posts
§ Physical Security and Crime Prevention
§ Emergency unplanned prolonged stay preparation (for non-residential locations)
§ Maintaining a Safe Work Environment
§ Non-aggressive Defense (protection center guards)
§ Communication Techniques
§ Office, government and Community Relations
§ Anti-Surveillance Techniques
o For Drivers only:
§ Basics of safe driving, convoys and checkpoints Vehicles checking and pre-travel preparation
§ Recognize IEDs \ road side hazards
§ Possible contingency\attacks scenarios – mitigation and response
· The training might contain on two parts (theoretical and practical) though this is at the discretion of the trainer
· The trainer will ideally speak fluent Arabic, however translation is available
· A certificate should be provided after the training
· Experience of training in conflict zones with INGOs
· Reputation within INGO community
· Background and suitability for training INGOs operating on a community acceptance model and without the use of ‘hard’ security tactics including firearms and armoured vehicles.
· Approach to training in Syria context and where relevant using a translator or teaching in a non-native language.
Payments will be made in stages – 25% prior to fieldwork and 75% within 30 days of completion of fieldwork
Fixed term service contract
· The training should be delivered within a maximum of 10 working days including pre and post assessments.
· Provide the training materials
· Include elements of testing and familiarization to ensure participants’ understanding
· Training sites will be in Derik and Talabiad in NES – venues, movements within NES and accommodation will be provided at no cost by NES.
· Consultant will be required to visit each protection centre in addition to training centre
· Movements and training will be planned however will be undertaken only in agreement with the NES Director
الجهة المعلنة: Global Communities
مقر العمل: North East Syria (NES)
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانةالموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.