Local Representation Officer(LRO)
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1479)
Job Title: Local Representation Officer (LRO)
Application deadline: 25.12.2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At least 2 years of Experience in team/program management
– A university degree in a relevant field
– Advanced level in English appreciated but not compulsory and Arabic (oral and written)
– Proficient user of MS office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
– Advanced Project Cycle management skills
Specific Vacancy Requirements
– Independence and work initiation
– Team spirit
– The excellent communication
– Ability to manage priorities
– Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
– Ability to write reports
Salary and Benefits
As per Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)) Syria Mission Salary scale
Medical Insurance / Social Security
1- STRATEGIC AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT OF THE NAG (in collaboration with the Safety focal point and HoM)
a. Appraise the humanitarian needs:
– Follow and report about the humanitarian needs and/or gaps and ensure a fluent circulation of the information toward the HoM, and Programs Department (reports).
– Facilitate the technical assessments processes (authorizations).
– Feed the Program staff at coordination level with the required information to develop project proposals (reports)
b. Appraise the local donors (UN Agencies, etc.)
– Identify their priorities in terms of funding
– Advocate and do fundraising in coordination with Damascus office.
– Share the information with the coordination office (Minutes of meetings / bullet points).
c. Ensures that PUI interventions are in the frame of PUI Syria Strategy
– Prioritize activities and locations that are ensuring:
o The full implementation of the FOCOS strategy
o The continuity of PUI Staff
2- SAFETY & SECURITY OF PEOPLE AND ASSETS (in collaboration with the Safety focal point and HoM)
– Establish and update the different security documents at NAG level
– Ensure that projects and methodologies do not endanger beneficiaries or PUI staff, and propose security rules improvement.
– Ensure that his/her team is familiar with the safety and security plan and follows safety rules.
– Approve/restrict the movements of PUI’s staff depending on the security situation.
– Manage the proper follow-up (tracking / alerts).
– Monitor the evolution of the socio-political context and Gather /report information related to safety and security to the Safety Focal Point / HoM on a regular basis or upon request if required.
3- REPRESENTATION / NETWORKING / COMMUNICATION (in collaboration with the HoM and DHoMs)
– Attend and contribute to external coordination meetings and organize the two-way dissemination of information at field level.
– Formalize the proper reporting following external meetings (minutes of meetings)
– Establish positive communication with all the stakeholders in their respective governorates.
– Represent PUI in front of external Media if required (keeping HoM informed)
– Guarantee the image of PUI in his/her working area, and ensures that the PUI staff displays behavior consistent with the values upheld by the organization.
4- SUPPORT TO THE PROJECT’S IMPLEMENTATION (in collaboration with the Program Section):
– Liaise, on his/her geographical area, with the local stakeholders (authorities, the partners and donors’ field representative) to obtain all the required approvals, facilitations, beneficiaries lists, etc.
– Follow up, upon the program section (DHOM, Coordinators, and PMs) request of the implementation of the PUI’s projects (planning, progress and hurdles).
– Provide feedbacks to the program department(s) regarding the feasibility of the planned activities.
5- ENSURE THE PROPER COORDINATION AT NAG LEVEL
– Please refer to points 1 and 3
– Be able to visit PUI Office in Damascus on a regular basis.
– Share reports
– Ensure a fluid communication with all sections and HoM/DHoM. (Ad-hoc messages,).
– Provide the PUI’s Coordination level with a regular (weekly or bi-weekly) report / (update of progress, donors comments…), from his/her point of view.
– Ensure the good collaboration between the field program staff and the field accountability staff (if any).
Advertiser :PUI | Première Urgence Internationale
Duty Station: دير الزور مدينة
Please send your CV to the following email:
عبر التسجيل في موقعjob.sy و من ثم تعبئة البياناتالمطلوبة بدقة، و التقديم عبر استخدام الرابط التالي:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.