JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1478)
Job Title: Project Manager
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Experience in managing and implementing humanitarianand development projects in the field;
• Relevant university degree or 5 years of relevant workexperience, preferably with international and/or Syrian NGOs, SARC, UN;
• Previous experience working on livelihoods projects;knowledge of agriculture, food security and engineering;
• Strong analytical and planning skills, including criticalthinking; able to prioritise;
• Very good knowledge of the English language, includingwritten English;
• Ability to provide strategic leadership.
• Strong coordination skills, including of one’s own team, aswell as experience in representation with Government and other external actors.Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills are essential.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with adiverse range of people, including with rural populations.
• Ability to work effectively under stress in emergencysituations, in a leadership role and as part of a team.
• Sound understanding of the importance of gender and women’sparticipation in humanitarian programming; ability to provide strategic andtechnical support to ensure that Oxfam’s humanitarian programme is sensitive tothe needs of conflict affected populations.
• Understanding of commitment to humanitarian principles andquality standards for humanitarian response.
Specific Vacancy Requirements
The post is based in Deir-Ezzor or may require monthly visitsto Deir-Ezzor.
“We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equalitywithin our organisation.”
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfareof children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers toshare this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only thosethat are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.
• Establish and maintain workingrelationships, and coordinate with stakeholders in Deir-Ezzor governorate onmatters related to implementation of the project to secure their continuoussupport and collaboration. This includes governorate and district authorities,local organisations and communities, contactors and internationalorganizations.
• Attend the coordination meeting ofthe EFSVL sector in the governorate and represent Oxfam Through PriorCoordination with Oxfam Office.
• Hire required project staff andvolunteers in cooperation with the Deputy Country Director – Programme andHuman Resource Department.
• Regularly consult with theEmergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods (EFSVL) Advisor based inDamascus.
• Represent Oxfam in Deir-Ezzorgovernorate. This includes understanding of Oxfam’s humanitarian standards andstrategic goals.
Technical and operational support toproject design and implementation:
• Prepare work plans, budgets andensure resource allocation;
• Ensure staff under this projecthave a good understanding of the project’s goal and objectives, the logisticalframework and budget;
• Provide guidance, support andfeedback to project team to ensure a well functioning team and quality of theirwork;
• Oversee day to day operations andimplementation of project activities.
• Proactively identify and managepotential obstacles and risks the project may face, propose and implementmitigating measures and contingency plans;
• In cooperation with MEAL monitoringproject implementation; adjust project implementation according to monitoringfindings as may be necessary;
• Ensure all project relatedprocurement is carried out on time and strictly according to Oxfam procurementregulations; coordinate closely with Oxfam procurement and finance departments;
• Objectively and impartially assessthe food security and livelihood needs of the population in the targeted areasin governorate in coordination with concerned authorities and operatingorganizations; Ensure project activities are implemented according to globalhumanitarian minimum standards and best practice;
• Liaise with local governmentofficials to agree on ways of working and local access to communities forproject implementation;
• Oversee the implementation of Oxfamactivities through partners to ensure quality and minimum standards are upheld;
• Develop and update budget spendingplan in corporation with the finance department, and Funding/ComplianceDepartment.
Reports and Documentation:
• Ensure timely preparation andsubmission of donor and internal narrative and financial reports.
• As may be required, collaboratewith Oxfam funding team in order to ensure that all reports are in compliancewith donor and internal requirements;
• Report any incident that must bebrought to Oxfam’s attention
• Strictly adhere to Oxfam’s dataprotection standards for beneficiary, partner and staff data held for projectpurposes;
• Archive all project relateddocuments (soft and hard copies) and be ready to share these as may berequired;;
• Collaborate with the communicationsteam to document project progress through photographs, videos or blogs orfacilitate access of communications staff to field locations for datacollection;
• Identify and synthesis bestpractices and lessons learned in cooperation with MEAL
• According to the need andcoordination with Deputy Country Director – Programme in Oxfam office.
Advertiser :Oxfam Syria
Duty Station: دير الزور مدينة
Please send your CV to the following email:
عبر التسجيل في موقعjob.sy و من ثم تعبئة البياناتالمطلوبة بدقة، و التقديم عبر استخدام الرابط التالي:
Please consider to mentionthe advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.