Finance & Admin Assistant
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1477
المسمى الوظيفي: Finance & Admin Assistant
اخر موعد للتقديم: 25.12.2018
سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين المناسبين فقط
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
– Certificate in Business Administration and or Accounting/Bookkeeping.
– 4 years&rsquo; experience in a Finance / Administration Position.
– Excellent English (oral &amp; written).
– Native Arabic speaker.
– Fluency in Microsoft Office Programmes, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
– University degree in relevant subject and/or financial diploma.
– Previous NGO experience.
– Experience of working with different accounting packages.
Specific Vacancy Requirements
Interested? Then apply for this position
All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Professional references will be checked before offering this position to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate must be legally allowed to Work in Syria, need to be holder of fully valid passport for travel to Lebanon/Jordan for training.
This is a position based in Deir Ez-Zor with possible field visits (subject to staff safety procedures and movement approvals). Working week is 5 days per week, Sunday to Thursday 8:30 &ndash; 16:30.
This position requires flexibility with possible travel to Damascus, Lebanon or Jordan for training or meetings.
Planned start date: As soon as possible.
Medair offer equal opportunity to all candidates and welcomes applications irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Medair shortlist based on educational background and relevant professional experience. Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Please note Medair have may not choose to appoint this position on completion of interviews if a suitable candidate is not found and / or if needs change and the position is no longer necessary.
Salary and Benefits
We offer an interesting job with Medair and competitive remuneration. We will offer the successful applicant a six months contract on current projects inclusive of 3 months’ probation period, renewable dependent on both performance and funding for subsequent projects.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Medair Terms of Employment for National staff and relevant experience.
Working as an important member of a diverse team who are committed to serve the world&rsquo;s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care, the Finance Assistant supports many of the financial activities of the programme.
On a day-to-day basis the Finance Assistant carries out a variety of accounting functions required to ensure the financial needs of the programme are met and that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded with integrity and in accordance with donor, HQ and field guidelines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and Accounting:
1 – Carry out the day-to-day accounting functions of the programme including, but not limited to:
– Responsible for Medair office&rsquo;s cash box.
– Carry out the daily book keeping to the accounting system.
– Managing weekly cash forecast, ensuring sufficient amounts are available at all times and that necessary security measures are in place and are being followed.
– Gather cash need forecast from Budget Holders and Logistics and consolidate it in the monthly cash needs forecast for Deir Ez-Zor Programme and send it to Damascus Office for validation.
– Conducting regular cash and bank reconciliations, verifying amounts held and reporting any discrepancies.
– Paying suppliers&rsquo; cash invoices in accordance with agreements.
– Supporting colleagues in cash handling and financial transactions, providing coaching and guidance as required.
– Ensuring all financial transactions are carried out in accordance with the Medair guidelines and procedures and any donor requirements.
2- Work with the Finance and Human Resources Senior Officer to,
– Produce accurate weekly accounts within the agreed timeframe, including the compilation and finalisation of weekly cash booking into the accounting system.
– Assist in the monthly cash needs forecast for Deir Ez-Zor Programme.
– Prepare for and support internal and external financial audits.
3- Support field-based programme payments
– In liaison with project staff, supervise field-based payments related to beneficiaries, incentives or trainings.
– Ensure clear documentation and follow-up for such payments and periodic spot checks.
– Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is adhered to for all financial transactions &amp; Admin/HR documents and that all filing and archiving is in line with Medair and donor requirements which follows international accounting standards.
– Gather necessary data for HR/Admin in the base location including Staff leave and sickness and pass it to HR Damascus and Area Manager.
– Follow-up with other departments for any missing documents.
– Translating invoices and other finance related documents.
– Coding of all payments in accordance with the Medair guidelines and procedures and any donor requirements.
– Maintain open and frequent communication, where applicable, with the Area Manager and Finance Senior Officer and field management concerning all financial issues.
– Ensure colleagues are informed of the required finance &amp; Admin/ HR procedures, and be available to answer any finance related questions and to provide coaching and guidance as necessary.
– Assist in producing accurate and timely internal reports as required by Area Manager and Damascus team.
– Adhere to all financial internal controls by using and promoting the Medair e-library and other operating procedures, ensuring that all standardized formats are used and guidelines are followed
– Be aware of the potential for loss or fraud in activities and procedures. Pro-actively work to prevent such occurrences to improve transparency.
الجهة المعلنة: MEDAIR
مقر العمل: دير الزور مدينة
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
عبر التسجيل في موقع job.sy و من ثم تعبئة البيانات المطلوبة بدقة، و التقديم عبر استخدام الرابط التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانةالموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.