Deputy Safety Advisor
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1395)
Job Title: Deputy Safety Advisor
Application deadline: 07.12.2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For the position of Deputy Safety Advisor, we are looking for a male or female candidate with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current and historical conflict dynamics in North East Syria.
- Working experience with NGOs or IOs is strongly preferred, especially programming related to Syria or in the region.
- Proven experience in conducting high quality conflict monitoring, research / analysis and report writing (outside of academic essays or university dissertations).
- Proven skills of working with databases (Microsoft Excel) and well as understanding how to use data for analysis.
- Working proficiency in Kurdish, Arabic and English (speaking and writing translation) is a requirement for the position.
- An academic background equivalent to a bachelor’s degree Level, preferably political science, international relations, security studies or conflict/war studies, is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a management role is also preferred.
- Displaying an interest in the Syrian context and NGO programming.
- Demonstrating a capacity to look at the conflict in a neutral and apolitical manner and providing useful analysis.
- Having a proactive, curious and detail oriented personality.
- Receive, review and confirm safety and security incidents on a daily and weekly basis
- Assist the Safety Advisor with analytical reports, in-depth data assessments and drafting presentations on the safety and security environment in North East Syria and how it affects NGO programming.
- Assist the Safety Advisor in the delivery of briefs for NGO partners.
- Assist with developing the team’s knowledge about NGO operations in Syria.
- Add to the team’s understanding of the safety environment in North East Syria and its impact on the capacity of NGOs to deliver services.
- Expand and maintain network of NGO partners.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.