Information Management Associate
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1391)
Job Title: Information Management Associate
Application deadline: 28.11.2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Education and Skills:
– Education: Completion of Secondary education with certificate/training in information technology,
demography, statistics, social sciences or any related area.
– Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
– Job experience: At least 6 years of relevant work experience.
– Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection
– Fluency in English and Arabic.
– Successful participation in the Operational Data management Learning Programme.
– Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
– Experience with relevant software such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6, SQL Server, and/or proGres.
– Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset.
– Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
– Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including
UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
– Compile and aggregrate information elements required to produce standardized information products and
implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
– Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
– Produce summary statistics.
– Support the coordination of data collection teams.
– Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems
– Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed
– Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data
– Perform other duties as required.
Duty Station: Qamishlo
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.