Livelihoods Program Manager
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1377)
Job Title: Livelihoods Program Manager
Application deadline: 30.11.2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Nutrition, Economics, International Affairs or related fields required.
- Minimum of 2 years professional humanitarian experience, preferably in emergency contexts
- Past experience working with livelihoods, agricultural development or economic development projects
- Minimum of 2 years` experience managing teams, preferably, with teams of diverse backgrounds.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and monitor budgets
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Strong project planning and strategic design skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel) and web based applications
- Prior experience with mobile data collection applications is a plus
- Experience with USAID, SIDA, DANIDA, EU and DFID would be an added advantage
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Knowledge of Arabic
TECHNICAL QUALITY AND PROGRAM STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
- With support from the ERD Coordinator, provide technical and management support to ERL-agriculture and livelihoods programming in North East Syria.
- Assess the appropriateness of different programming options and appropriateness of different program activities and ensure implementation modalities best respond the needs and context.
- In conjunction with the ERD Coordinator, develop and spearhead the country sector strategy and plans including expanding economic wellbeing programming based on needs of the target populations in Northeast Syria.
- Liaise with economic advisors within the technical unit to ensure relevant support, tools and resources are being provided.
- Identify and develop partnerships with training providers, local businesses and local government to support quality design of livelihoods related programs.
- Support the ERD Coordinator to prepare new grant proposal documents, including but not limited to technical narratives, budgets, and log frames.
- In conjunction with Program Officers, the ERD Coordinator, develop planning documents for all approved projects related to livelihoods programming including but not limited to beneficiary selection criteria, work plans, procurement plans, and M&E plans.
- Develop detailed activity plans in line with program objectives, ensuring that those plans are implemented and any expected delays and / or modifications are communicated and raised in a timely manner with the ERD Coordinator.
- Supervise and manage all livelihoods day to day activities including the management of livelihoods centers and related activities
- Work closely with local government, camp management, business owners, other NGOs and CBOs to inform livelihoods interventions,
- Coordinate with the Women’s Protection and Empowerment team to ensure livelihoods programs meet the different needs of men and women, boys and girls.
- Lead the ongoing development and adaptation as relevant of training curricula with support from the ERD Coordinator and ERD Technical Advisor
- Support the ongoing development and adaptation of support package for SMEs with support from ERD Coordinator and Technical Advisor as well as relevant consultant services as needed and identified
- Monitor progress of all livelihoods related programming including regular market assessments and suggest changes in implementation when and where necessary
- Ensure that field activities are implemented in accordance to the approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and other IRC policies.
- Ensure that livelihoods activities are meeting target indicators in relation to approved milestones and of the desired quality to achieve desired goal/impact.
- Support the ERD Coordinator to prepare spending plans, procurement plans and cash projections related to livelihoods activities and center management
- Ensure budget lines (that he/she is designated as Budget Line Holder)are spent out according to spending plans
- Identify and report any foreseeable significant over- or under-spend on approved budgets and seek recourse measures
MONITORING, EVALUATION, & REPORTING
- In conjunction with the M&E team and ERD Technical Unit, develop monitoring and evaluation tools and databases in accordance to the M&E plan – incorporate core indicators where possible
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites to ensure activities are progressing as planned and are of high quality.
- Compile and submit monthly technical and progress reports and plans to the ERD Coordinator.
- Prepare narrative donor reports as required.
- Develop case studies of the different programmatic components
- In conjunction with the ERD Coordinator and other ERD staff, participate in periodical technical project evaluations.
STAFF SUPERVISION AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Directly supervise Livelihoods staff under his/her line management.
- Recruit and train new staff as required.
- Set clear job expectations and performance objectives with each team member and review these every 6 months as per the Performance Review schedule.
- Identify staff gaps, provide mentoring, coaching, capacity building and specialized training to staff on an ongoing basis based on staff development plans and staff performance management plans.
COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION
- Participate/support ERD Coordinator in internal coordination meetings as required
- Represent/support ERD Coordinator in relevant sector working groups both within and outside of the UN cluster system as required
- Coordinate and follow-up with partner organizations and other project stakeholders as required
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Position reports to: ERD Coordinator
Close communication and collaboration: ERD Technical Advisor
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Coordinate with other ERD Managers, WPE, Health and HR, Finance, and Supply Chain Departments
External: Cash-based response Technical Working Group, Early Recovery & Livelihoods Cluster, Food Security Cluster
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.