IT Operations Associate G6-Qamishly
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1351)
Job Title: IT Operations Associate G6-Qamishly
Application deadline: 26.11.2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially
encouraged to apply.
Please upload your CV in English .
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic .
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Five or more years of progressively responsible IT operations or development or support work experience in an
engaging and dynamic workplace environment.
Has experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement
Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management improvements.
Has experience participating in country office procurement/budgeting process.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network monitoring and system
protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, an alyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend
IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Resolve queries independently, escalating if requ ired, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and
accurate information is provided to staff.
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP
staff in conducting their work.
- Provide guidance and train ing to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability
building of staff.
- Support the c o-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to
- Draft standard m aterial such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required
information about IT services and products.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous
improvement of IT services provided.
- Coordinate installation and mainten ance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services
in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individua l and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant
regulations and policies.
- Follow set emergenc y response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency
food assistance needs to be met.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
11/12/2018 Job Description Print Preview
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to
communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary
communities to showcase positive impact.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or
on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to
ensure that team meets goals and targets.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team
be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered
consistently and accurately.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected
responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when
faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in
Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build
relationships with external partners.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP
teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes
Duty Station: Qamishli
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
عبر الرابط التالي:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.