Formal Education Support Officer
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1335)
Job Title: Formal Education Support Officer
Application deadline: 19.11.2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- University degree in a relevant domain.
- English language
- Experience and knowledge of the education system and school organisation in North East Syria.
- Knowledge of Education in Emergencies, Child Protection and Prevention of Gender Based Violence minimum standards.
- Experience in social work, training facilitation and outreach activities, including psychosocial support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy and nonviolent communication skills.
- Motivation and energy, pro-active and willing to share and discuss ideas.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Former NGO work experience is highly desired.
Liaising with Schools and Education Stakeholders
- Liaise with and organise regular meetings with relevant local authorities and stakeholders ¬– in Raqqa, Tabqa and Der Ezzour – to exchange information and updates about project implementation and to ensure strong lines of communication and effective and close collaboration between Concern and relevant partners. Ensure said meetings are well documented with minutes shared with all parties.
- Meet with the stakeholders and key community members to inform them about the project, to involve them with the implementation process and to identify schools who would meet the criteria and benefit from Concern’s programme.
- Undertake regular visits to potential schools to be supported by this, or other future, projects, identifying rehabilitation and training needs to ensure the minimum standards of Child Protection.
- In coordination with the Education Officer, supporting in identifying and mapping referral pathways in the schools.
- Strengthen links with other local and international NGOs working in the field of education through effective and on-going coordination and information-sharing.
- Collect and analyse available data and statistics from a range of sources on the state of education and schools in the target areas to support the development of new funding proposals.
Support Concern activities
- Organise, design and lead the range of activities to be implemented in the selected schools, including teacher’s psychosocial support, teaching methodologies, education in emergencies and teacher wellbeing trainings.
- With support from Concern’s education team, and external facilitators, deliver planned trainings to teachers.
- Support the Education PM to ensure the allocated budget for the activities in schools is utilized effectively and in line with the approved budget, make the requests for supplies according to the agreed needs and a work plan.
Reporting, quality control, monitoring and accountability
- Prepare monthly reports on activities undertaken with schools.
- Carry out regular field visits to inspect works undertaken and completed at schools in Raqqa, Tabqa and Der Ezzour supported by this project.
- Develop, in coordination with Concern’s monitoring team, a monitoring plan and M&E tools and data collection methods for all activities to be undertaken in the schools such as emergency rehabilitation, access to safe water and training. These M&E tools should contribute to continued learning and program quality.
- Work with Concern’s M&E and accountability team to ensure a complaints response mechanism is established and operational in all the schools supported by this project.
- Ensure the involvement of the school management team and the safety of the school staff and students throughout the project lifetime.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender, in programme as well as operational activities.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the organisation.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Tabqa / Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.