Human Resources Manager
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1332)
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- A first level degree in relevant discipline (HR Management or Business Management) from a recognized University; Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience as an HR professional, with a sound knowledge of recruitment, payroll & benefits management, training & development, and team management.
- Strong experience of people management including remote management
- Sound knowledge of the Syria Labour Law is an essential for this role
- Knowledge of MS Office (high proficiency in Excel); comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support.
- Experience in working in the development or humanitarian sector would be preferred
- High quality written and verbal communication skills; excellent networking and negotiating skills; the ability to maintain confidentiality & discretion whilst dealing with HR issues; good attention to detail and demonstrated ability to deliver on work objectives to a high quality and on a timely basis are all essential competencies for this role
- Excellent spoken and written English
Human Resources Management
- To co-ordinate and administer recruitment, induction, payroll, performance management (PDR) tracking including tracking probation periods
- Ensure that the recruitment / termination and management of daily workers, staff on service contracts (e.g. hired car drivers) are compliant with Concern policies.
- Develop an annual learning and development plan based on information coming out of the PDR system and track the implementation of the plan
- To ensure that manual and electronic personnel files for all national staff are maintained to a high quality standard such that accurate reports can be produced
- Manage the HR team in ensuring that all types of leave are tracked accurately and that quality statistical reports are produced on leave and absence rates in Concern Syria
- Produce quality HR management reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Ensure any regulatory reports required by the authorities in Syria are submitted on a timely basis to a high standard
- Proactively support in the HR planning process for the programme.
- Support line managers to draw up relevant job descriptions and advertisements.
- In conjunction with the SD, liaise with Ministry of Labour and Concern’s Legal Advisor on all relevant and necessary issues, ensuring Concern Syria are always compliant with Syrian Labour Law
- Remain up to date with new labour legislation in Syria and provide briefings and updates to line managers on new procedures and legislation as necessary
- Provide a proactive advisory service on day to day HR issues and practices to both staff (including staff on daily/service contracts) and management. This includes providing remote support to field based managers and staff.
- In conjunction with the SD, deal with employee relations issues, grievance and disciplinary proceedings, providing advice and guidance where necessary to both staff and management
- In conjunction with the Systems Director, research, write and implement new employee policies and procedures, ensuring they are in line with those issued by Concern Worldwide HQ and Syrian Labour Law. Manage and update the Staff Handbook as necessary.
- Ensure new employees are familiar with all Concern employment procedures and the contents of the handbook, and ensure the updated version of the handbook is circulated & explained to all staff as required.
- Coordinate and administer the Concern Syria Health Support Scheme
- Support the Systems Director in the design, plan and implementation of a capacity building plan for all relevant Concern Syria staff on people management and in the roll out of key HR policies.
- Contribute to the daily capacity building and strengthening of decision making capacities of Syria national staff.
- Line manage all HR staff in Syria, contributing to their capacity building and career development through technical support and on-the-job training and coaching, including in particular a thorough induction at the start of their contract.
- Ensure that all department positions have accurate job descriptions and that each member of the team fully understands outcomes which are expected of them, by setting SMART objectives, and that they are aware of the success criteria relating to their work.
- Ensure that all department staff are aware of and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor and review performance of the HR Department staff and hold staff accountable for meeting their success criteria; give corrective feedback where required and take decisive action in the case of poor performance.
- Ensure that work within the team(s) is planned and organised in a way which will meet the organisation’s needs in the most cost effective manner possible; ensuring that team members are given appropriate workloads and are working efficiently.
- Ensure regular coordination with relevant authorities on HR related matters.
- Actively participate in collective exercises such as preparation or updates of Preparing for Effective Emergency Response (PEER) plan, Security Management Plan (SMP) and other Concern initiatives.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender, in programme as well as operational activities.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the organisation.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Contribute to ongoing security management and planning as necessary.
- Actively participate in any emergency response if called upon to do so (within the existing programme area or in a new one).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Country Director or the Country Director.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Kobane – NES
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.