Early Childhood Development Manager
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1318)
Job Title: Early Childhood Development Manager
Application deadline: 17.11.2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Education, Psychology, Human Development, Social Work, or related subject at least, Master degree is preferred.
Three years’ experience in managing and/or technically supporting early childhood development, education or child protection programs.
Prior experience and proven record of strong capacity building skills and applying a variety of approaches to capacity building.
Prior experience and excellent understanding of working in emergency settings or insecure environments
Solid demonstrated experience in planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation;
Strong written and oral communication skills;
Strong representation and liaison with external parties;
Must be capable of applying skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training, and transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others;
Demonstrated track record in working with teams, showing high performance in a multi-cultural environment, demonstrating flexibility, and ability to handle pressure;
Excellent Computer skills: MS Word, Excel;
Fluency in Arabic and excellent English (written and speaking).
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Program Implementation and Quality:
- Work with regional team and IRC program teams (Protection and Health) to provide technical support in integrating ECD in relevant IRC programming in North East Syria directly and through partners.
- Support the preparation of an integrated ECD work plan with clear objectives and achievement benchmarks, long-term and short-term priorities, in line with programmatic vision and strategies;
- Establish quality standards for ECD program (center and home based ECD activities) that are aligned with ECD best practices
- Close monitoring of implementation of ECD activities, spending rates, progress on achieving program’s indicators; and taking corrective actions whenever needed in collaboration with relevant team members.
- Ensure feedback from the field are reflected in ECD activities in order to respond to changing realities and needs of the field.
- Build the capacity of relevant IRC staff and partner organizations on an integrated ECD services and ensure the roll out of ECD training for staff.
- In coordination with the ECD TU and the MEAL team, oversee the maintenance of a robust monitoring and evaluation framework for ECD, including quality control and reporting systems;
- Adopt innovative methods in building the capacity of IRC staff and partner organizations.
- Work closely with the ECD Coordinator and ECD TU to provide clear technical support, supervision, training and mentoring to the ECD team, including training needed to build specialized skills;
- Ensure that ECD staff and services adhere to best practice, professional standards and principles;
- Actively review relevant ECD materials, provide technical input and create plan for adaptation and integration that is consistent with relevant programs.
Grants management and business development
- Work closely with the Grants section and relevant sectors to achieve overall grant activities, deliverables, and budget compliance within donor guidelines;
- Support the ECD Coordinator in identifying gaps in existing integrated ECD programming and work with the team to develop innovative approaches and mechanisms to address them;
- Work closely with the ECD Coordinator in the design and development of new and potential funding opportunities for ECD programming;
- Support the ECD Coordinator in producing high quality donor reports and other materials as required;
- Ensure effective Budget management and appropriate and timely spending of grants to achieve program goals in collaboration with relevant team members.
Coordination and Partnership
- Support the development of strategic partnerships with local partners in NES to facilitate effective adoption and implementation of an integrated ECD activities and scaling up.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including in particular local partners, and other relevant actors in coordination with the integrated ECD Coordinator.
- Work with Partnership colleagues to come up with strategies for integration of ECD activities and Sesame Seeds content across a range of partner programs;
Human Resources and Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff and local partners with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- In collaboration with the HR in NE, support recruitment of program staff.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures;
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Integrated Early Childhood Development Coordinator based in Amman/Jordan
Position directly supervises: NA
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: ECD Manager –NWS. Regional Technical Lead ECD (Sesame Seeds), Regional Research Lead (Sesame Seeds), other IRC programs and support departments especially Health, child protection, WPE and partnership managers in NES.
External: Local Partners in NE.
Duty Station: Derek \ Amuda
How to Apply:
عبر الرابط التالي:
أو الإتصال بمكتب المنظمة و الاستفسار عن طريقة التقديم بالإيميل أو باليد على الرقم التالي: 052751095 أو 052751197 أو 052740275