Safety and Security Coordinator
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1294)
Job Title: Safety and Security Coordinator
Application deadline: 14.11.2018
Nothing To mention
Education and Training:
A university degree.
General knowledge of accepted safety practices and principles in hostile or conflicted environments.
A minimum of 2 year experience in an NGO or private company with cross border operations and/or customs officials, researches centers or similar work.
Past work experience in written security reports or similar scope of work
Past work experience in cross-departmental projects and activities
Past work experience with an international donor funded program is desirable, but not required
Past work experience with USAID\OFDA\FFP funded programs is an advantage
High analytical and reporting skills
Familiarity with information management applications is an advantage
Familiarity with Forecasting reports and assessments.
Team player with excellent planning and leadership skills
Ability to solve problems in the field with all actors
Computer/word processing and standard office software skills
Familiar with Maps creating and google earth application is also desirable, but not required
Very Good command of spoken and written English, Arabic and Kurdish.
The Safety and Security Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of innovative security solutions. This could include but not be limited to workshop formats, scenario forecasting, use of IT and graphic design tools to apply technology in our deliverables all with the aim to make our offering as appealing and accessible to staff members as possible.
- Keep in direct contact with other project’s departments in order to ensure proper linking between project and community.
- Follow up updates (political, economy and military) and events regarding situation in Syria, and prepare a routine and situational reports.
- Identify and evaluate new methodologies, technologies and organizations who could contribute to the security department.
- Identify and evaluate main actors in the activity area and liaise with actors according to the organization policies and prepare the actors assessments.
- Contribute to the development of security policies and regulations, and make sure they are fully updated.
- Provide analytical and forecasting reports in relation to the conflict dynamics in the areas of operations.
- Liaise on a regular basis with counterparts in similar positions across the group to share and obtain knowledge, best practices that could help improve the organization security readiness.
- Liaise on a regular basis with counterparts in similar positions across the group to share and obtain knowledge, best practices that could help improve the project acceptance.
- Ensure adherence to organization safety & security SOP’s at the border and in the activities area.
- As instructed by supervisor, assist in producing standard operation procedures.
- Any other task, which your supervisor requests of you.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.