Child Protection Manager
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1277
المسمى الوظيفي: Child Protection Manager
اخر موعد للتقديم: 10.11.2018
لا يوجد شيء لذكره
- Technical diploma or degree in social work, human rights, or related degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years child protection experience, ideally including experience as a caseworker or working in case management, preferably in humanitarian or development settings
- Two years’ experience in a managerial role, preferable in a similar field of work.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Personal qualities: Team leader, flexible, strong communication skills with children and caregivers, analytical skills, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Applied experience in case management and/or mental health programming;
- Strong team and people management and organizational skills;
- Strong program and budget management skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure effectively and productively;
- Fluent in spoken and written English; Arabic and/or Kurdish a strong advantage.
- Support the roll out of CP Case management SOPs, vulnerability criteria, referral pathways and procedures for child protection case management
- Ensure that each case management team is effectively implementing case management programming according to Standard Operating Procedures through formal trainings and regular meetings with CM Officers. Monitor timescales for response, services follow-up and review of cases, as reported by Officers
- Develop and lead the implementation a capacity building plan for the case management teams, the community-based protection team, and childcare workers in Women Centers and ERD childcare spaces, . Provide ongoing technical support and capacity building to Officers through formal trainings and on-the-job training (i.e.: shadowing, observations, coaching sessions, etc.)
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation systems and tools that are in line with safe and ethical case management programming. Support in the roll out of the CPIMS+, assisting case management officer in providing support to their team on using the system
- Gather trends regarding vulnerable children as well as quality and impact of case management services. Analyse trends regularly and report to donor and key stakeholders, as needed
Grant Planning & Implementation
- Support with grant spending and keeping on track with targets
- Support implementation by creating grant work plans, procurement plans, spending plans and monitoring and evaluation plans, ensuring the team’s adherence to these through on-going support and monitoring
- Work closely and coordinate with IRC logistics, finance and grant staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures; including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings
- Support in writing high-quality IRC and donor reports on activities, indicators and achievements
Data Protection and Monitoring
- Regularly review CP documentation practices to ensure children’s information is gathered, stored and shared safely. Ensure confidentiality and that data protection and information-sharing protocols are respected.
- Monitor and analyze child protection data collected by the Case Management teams and analyze data in order to adjust programming, inform capacity building, advocate for vulnerable children and promote best-practices within case management
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient oversight, support, quality control and reporting systems and processes.
- Support in the rollout of the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS+), including during the set-up phase and in implementation with caseworkers
Coordination & Representation
- Lead case management meetings at least every two weeks with the CM officers
- Participate in weekly integrated protection meetings to ensure deliver of CP programming that is inline with other protection streams
- Directly communicate effectively with other managers and key stakeholders in order to regularly report trends and advocate for the best interests of children, mainstreaming child protection through all interventions
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors, attending the Protection Working Group
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented annual and mid-year performance reviews.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Assist with the recruitment of Child Protection Staff, in coordination with the Senior Child Protection Manager
- Ensure training, support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff on technical and project management skills across all child protection teams.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Provide briefings on child safeguarding and appropriate behaviour with children to all staff. Ensure any concerns are reported and addressed immediately.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
الجهة المعلنة: IRC
مقر العمل: عين العيسى
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.