WASH Program Officer
إعلان وظيفة شاغرة رقم: 1256
المسمى الوظيفي: WASH Program Officer
اخر موعد للتقديم: 05.11.2018
• Only application in English will be considered
- More than 2 years of experience in relevant WASH programming with International and/or National Non-Government Organization.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Water Supply and Management Engineering
- Essential experience of working in emergency context of Syria programming will be an advantage
- Excellent understanding of WASH in emergencies, including water quality testing, waste management, waste water treatment, water treatment and distribution, and hygiene promotion methodologies
- Fluency in written, spoken Arabic and English
- An ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of the importance of gender and participation in humanitarian work
- Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations
- Strong computer program skills (esp. Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Good understanding of monitoring tools and approaches
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and respect local cultures.
- Provide ongoing, regular technical support to implementing field teams to ensure that WASH activities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Support the WASH Coordinator in developing and reviewing Bills of Quantities as required for WASH projects
- Develop and supervise water distribution plan through water trucking, construction and/or rehabilitation works to ensure water quality and quantity provided and ensure safe access to all women, men, girls and boys to water supply sources
- Ensure all Hygiene Promotion activities are in line with relevant standards, codes of conducts and humanitarian principles.
- Organize and conduct trainings for field teams and communities on hygiene promotion elements, strategies and methodologies.
- Lead in establishing WASH Management Committees and ensure effective workplans and regular communications are in place, ensure women participation and taking leadership.
Assessments and Information Management:
- Coordinate with WASH field teams to ensure that the appropriate tools/approaches are used during assessments, particularly WASH rapid needs assessments (RNA), and Knowledge, Multi Sector Needs Assessments (MSNA), Attitude and Practice (KAP) surveys
- Lead with WASH Field Teams to conduct RNAs and to determine priorities and immediate activities
- Translate assessment tools where required, especially for use by WASH Field teams and Temporary Workers.
Capacity Building of Field level WASH Teams
- Identify and assess capacity building needs of field staff and provide inputs and suggestion to WASH Coordinator and WASH Program Manager to prepare technical capacity building plan
- Lead WASH training and capacity building for WASH team in relevant areas, including Water Safety Plans (water quality testing and monitoring), hygiene promotion/community mobilisation and gender minimum commitments
MEAL and Reporting
- Working closely with the MEAL team, review beneficiary lists and update and analyse beneficiary databases, forms and situation reports
- Fully participate in any learning reviews, ensuring that final recommendations are shared with the relevant team members and eventually incorporated into program activities
- Update and submit 4Ws, situation report and other information for coordination mechanisms under the direction of the WASH Coordinator.
الجهة المعلنة: Confidential غير معلن
مقر العمل: Hassakah with 80% travel to field locations
كيفية التقدم للمنصب:
يرجى ارسال السيرة الذاتية على البريد الالكتروني التالي:
مع ضروة وضع رقم الإعلان أعلاه و المسمى الوظيفي او عنوان الشاغر في عنوان الرسالة (خانة الموضوع).
ملاحظة: معظم الجهات المعلنة لا تقبل التقدم للشواغر إلا بالطريقة الإلكترونية أعلاه.