JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1246)
Job Title: Logistic Coordinator
Application deadline: 10.11.2018
Nothing To mention
- Fluency in English and Arabic – both written and verbal;
- Familiarity with the humanitarian context affecting Syrian communities;
- Experience of working for an international humanitarian organisation is desirable;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google software, particularly Google Drive, Gmail, Google Docs, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
Interpersonal, Communication and Coordination Skills:
- Excellent analytical and communicative skills, a capacity and willingness to show initiative and take both a hands-on and an analytical approach to tasks and problems.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills and capacity to prioritize, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
- Proactive, creative, flexible, and able to cope with a challenging and constantly evolving humanitarian work environment, often under pressure.
- Supervising the daily logistics activities
Logistics management of PIN facilities
- Ensuring the supply of stationary, fuel, consumable items, hygiene material, etc. for the facilities and departments
- Ensure timely, cost efficient & transparent transversal logistical management in the area
- Ensuring, supervising and checking proper archiving of all Logistics related docs in both hard copies the same as soft copies in ELO system.
- Approving of all contracts and invoices and advance requests and clearances up to the threshold stipulated in his/her power of attorney.
- Providing follow up and maintenance of PIN’s premises and infrastructure
- Seeing to the maintenance of premises and facilities
- Carrying out at least one complete be-weekly visit of the facilities, reporting any anomalies or problems to his manager
- Evaluating rehabilitation needs
- Following up minor building rehabilitation work in accordance with instructions given by his supervisor, and accounting to him/her on progress made
- Checking that installations and buildings conform to security norms (fire extinguishers present, electrical installations earthed, etc.)
- Ensuring that the condition of all first aid kits in all offices and GHs is in a accessible, ready to be used according to SOPs or instructions provided by line management (Logistics Manager).
- Providing maintenance and follow up of PIN’s equipment
Managing the supply and distribution of energy
- Ensuring and checking that the maintenance and follow up of generators and electrical installations is carried out correctly
- Controlling that fuel and lubricants for the generators and other equipment in the PIN facilities
- Monitoring the monthly tool and equipment inventories and alerting his supervisor if there are any problems
- Checking that tools and equipment are used correctly
- Drawing up and monitoring asset inventories in all equipment concerning energy, IT and radio communication (communication with the main Log – Navision)
- Managing and following up orders
Collecting logistics orders coming from the different departments or PIN facilities
Together with Procurement office Centralising all the requests for the programme activities
Passing orders on to the Procurement Department, with a frequency agreed
Together with the procurement officer and Assistants: Following up dispatch, Selecting supply priorities, checking that orders have been received in the field, Following up outstanding balances
Coordination with other offices on supply chain.
Ensuring that orders for consumable items are according to the follow up of consumption and the frequency of supply
- Ensure timely, cost efficient & transparent supplies in the area
- Drawing up and following orders according to the procedures in force
- Providing technical support to the Log Assistants (WH) on the organisation of his parts of the stock
- Receiving the monthly inventory for his stock, drawn up by the Logistic Assistant (WH), in order to monitor consumption and draw up his order
- Following up consumption of equipment and consumable items used by the different departments
- Carrying out a physical inventory of equipment in the different facilities and departments
o Local purchasing
- Together with Procurement officer supervising
- Selecting and approving a list of local suppliers with the Logistician, applying quality control standards in accordance with PIN’s rules
- Checking PIN procedures are followed during local purchasing: asking for quotes and bids to tender, ensuring correct financial conditions and negotiating with service providers
- Following up orders and outstanding balances
- Having autonomy in his purchasing for PIN up to a pre-established threshold. Over this, obtaining the Procurement Officer or Logistics Manager approval (threshold to be decided according to context)
- Supervising management of the bids to tenders according to instruction of Procurement officer or Log. Manager
- Helping the field with all its local purchasing procedures and approving them
Making suggestions for improvements and adaptations in all domains of his activity
- Vehicle fleet
- Ensuring and Checking that the standard services for vehicles are scheduled and carried out, as well as daily and weekly checks
- Management and coordination between offices of the Fleet planning.
- Supervising and ensuring that all movements are realized in a safe manner and timely according to requests.
- Ensure and managing timely, cost efficient transportation services within the area
- Ensuring and Checking that log books and vehicle equipment are maintained correctly
- Ensuring that all equipment such as (contacts lists, first aid kits, communication tools etc) are presented in cars.
- Checking rational consumption for all vehicles and motorised equipment
- Controlling and Managing the mechanical stock and follow up of reparations (spare pieces and consumable items)
- Supervising and training drivers, checking that PIN’s rules are applied and job descriptions are kept updated
- Organising the daily planning and use of vehicles
- International and Local supply and Transportation
G.1 Being responsible for coordination on international orders and supply chain once they are approved:
– Advising the PMs team on the timing involved in obtaining various documents concerning importation, customs clearance and diverse administrative issues, as well as on the best transport options. For this, staying informed on the legislation in force and the various options available in the local and international transport sector
– Receiving the final versions of orders
G.2 Creating and maintaining contacts within administrations, transport service providers, local transporters and other PIN sections
– Updating his professional contact list and establishing a network. Maintaining good professional relations with his different interlocutors
– Keeping himself updated on changes in administrative procedures and services offered by service providers and transit agencies
– If other PIN sections are present, keeping in contact with them in order to organise grouped orders and reduce costs
G.3 Controlling costs relating to customs and administrative procedures and the provision of services and drawing the Logistics Manager attention to any anomalies
G.4 Ensuring in situ follow up on the arrival of orders and orders from other Areas within the country (Cargo crossing, etc) and completing the final procedures for the clearance of these items
Ensuring that physical checks and other standard procedures as described in PIN Logistics GLs are followed
Making suggestions for improvement and adaptations in all domains of his activity
- Human resources management and Team Management
Lead logistics teams at area level, coordinate and facilitate access to information within the area
Actively working on the good atmosphere in the LOG Tam in the area and friendly coordination between each office and different departments.
- Team composition – Defining the posts required for his activity, Organising the recruitment of personnel for his activity, With the supervisors, organising the replacement of absent personnel
- Managing the team – Organising and supervising the work of his team members, Leading and organising regular team meetings, Organising the circulation of information within his team, Identifying personnel showing potential within his team
- Individual reviews – Carrying out annual individual reviews of the supervisors under his responsibility and delegating the responsibility for carrying out reviews of other personnel
- Ongoing training – Defining the training needs of his team with the project objectives in mind, Participating in the training of his team by supporting individuals in their work
- Administrative framework – Adhering to the internal regulations concerning working hours, particularly concerning the organisation of working hours. Referring to or requesting assistance from the Area Coordinator if necessary
- Establishing a weekly and monthly activity report and participating in writing up a general monthly report
- Other ad-hoc activities as scheduled by the PIN LOG Manager or any appointed person
- lated to ongoing projects
Duty Station: كوباني
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.