Education Officer – Vocational Education
JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (1239)
Job Title: Education Officer – Vocational Education
Application deadline: 06.11.2018
Nothing To mention
- Qualifications / Diploma and Equivalent Experience (Engineer, Law, Management and Economics)
- Minimum two years professional experience in education work, preferably in vocational training or education, i.e. as a trainer.
- Minimum two years professional experience in INGOs.
- Experience in teacher training and Training of Trainers
- Experience with developing manuals, training modules and training curricula
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Preferably experience in capacity building, coordinating activities, developing plans and drafting reports.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community leaders, community members, children and youth.
- Strong understanding of the situation of children and young adults (girls and boys) in rural and urban communities.
- Excellent understanding of the complexity of local governance structures in NE Syria and other local stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources.
- Strong Kurdish/Arabic skills, written and spoken. Good English skills, written and spoken
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
- Commitment to and understanding of NGO’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Program planning, design and implementation
- With support from the Vocational Education Coordinator, develop, implement and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets and procurement.
- Work with vocational education stakeholders including vocational school/center management and community to improve vocational education service provision
- Identify vocational education needs and gaps as well as potential partners
- Hold meetings with stakeholders including vocational schools/centers, local councils and other organizations serving children and community to understand their vocational education priorities, familiarize them with the projects and its objectives and engage them in the process.
- Ensure that project activities are consistent with NGO’s programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
- Contribute to the preparation of weekly, monthly, progress and other reports, as required
- Participate in team reviews of results and program progress and/or project evaluation when and as requested
- vocational schools/centers, communities, partners, adolescents and youth and participate in relevant meetings.
- Comply with NGO policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.